Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lost ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 09:53AM

Every GC we hear how the church is growing and bla bla. As they've told us, if the truth isn't faith promoting, then they will alter it so it is. Having said that, will there ever be accurate growth reports? Probably at about the same time as they do full tithing expenditure reporting. In other words: never.

I personally believe there is maybe 3-4 million mormons worldwide. The 14 million number is pure bs. They never ever take into consideration those that resign or haven't even been to church in years.

Hence all the GC talks about a) paying your tithing and b)coming to sacrament and c) going to the temple. They'll even use your kids as blackmail as to why you have to come.

Hmm. Let's see. Do I really want to bring my kids to a pedophile invested, filthy chapel so I can get my daily week of angst? Umm. No.

It's all smoke and mirrors.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 10:59AM

I suppose that "story" of growth is of utmost importance during these conferences. But what is the surprise. The founder was a liar, so why not the current prophet???

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.