Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: christieja ( )
Date: April 09, 2011 10:19AM

I have heard and read that Mormon's are being asked to utilize the internet to spread their testimony and faith in the LDS church. Big mistake, BIG! The internet is now full of information that is quickly becoming the church's largest threat. Frequenting a message board for recovering Mormons when you have no intention of finding out all the facts is just about as low as one can get in my opinion.

Carp, bottom feeders who are so desperate for new believers that you won't even allow people to express their beliefs, opinions, and life stories on a board that was created to enable healing and understanding to those that have been "offended" by the Mormon church. What is even more shocking to me is that 98% of the members on this board have been LDS. They are already aware of the teachings, lies, shaming, control tactics, etc...utilized by the church so stalking here is a particularly mute point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2011 10:45AM by christieja.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 09, 2011 10:24AM

Let them stick around and get another point of view. They're certainly not going to get the whole story at church.

Date: April 09, 2011 10:35AM

True, at least for the TBM's frequenting here who have decided to disobey the church and open their mind and eyes completely. Searching for unanswered questions and validating or disputing doubts is a healthy process. Deciding for themselves once ALL information is in hand is part of being a free thinker.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: April 09, 2011 10:28AM

Many hands make light work!

With all the members leaving the church, the yoke is getting heavier and heavier. So by recruiting new yoke mates, ooops, I mean more members to share the load,they won't have to clean the bathrooms as often and they won't have to hold three callings or speak once a month.

The con is up. Nobody wants to join mormonism, so they have to resort to trying to get the ones who know the job to return. And, they also feel the need to vent because we left them behind to bear the weight alone.

Posted by: Kyle ( )
Date: April 09, 2011 10:32AM

I agree with Summer. I first came here in 2002 to spread the "light" so to speak.. it took only a couple of months. and I was through with the LDS church. Most TBM's if they spend much time at all here.. they will be exposed to things that will open their eyes.

If they continue to stay.. they will find the truth. It takes some time for that process to occur. I say.. that unless they are too obnoxious that they should be welcomed here.

Date: April 09, 2011 10:53AM

Your original motives in coming here is interesting. How did you find out about the boards and why did you even feel the need to spread the light? I just want to understand the thought process of TBM's who do that because I can't relate.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 09, 2011 10:48AM

I was bothered yesterday finding out that these "carp" had tracked down a poster in real life and tried to harm her children. Talk about bottom feeders!

Posted by: The Motrix ( )
Date: April 09, 2011 11:41AM

What!!!!????? Do you have more info on the Cheryl?

Posted by: The Motrix ( )
Date: April 09, 2011 11:43AM

sorry typo **** Do you have more info on this, Cheryl?

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 09, 2011 12:25PM

The poor mom has been a longtime poster and swears she'll never post again. She deleted her part of the thread after a short time and admin deleted the rest soon after that.

The culprits were a MP, SP, and bishop who went after little children in a horrible way!

Posted by: Elle Bee ( )
Date: April 09, 2011 11:56AM

Posted by: Red Puppy ( )
Date: April 09, 2011 01:07PM

There's nothing wrong with TBM's who come here imo. I came here with a shaky testimony, but I still thought it was true. It wasn't until reading all of the links here regarding the BoA, Joseph Smith's wives, etc etc that my testimony began to disappear. It also helps that the majority of people around here are very pleasant.

When I originally came here I was expecting it to be blatantly false and to only reaffirm my testimony. Boy, was I wrong (fortunately)!

Posted by: Moroni Marten ( )
Date: April 09, 2011 01:13PM

I'm sure there are a few TBMs who visit here that are wondering if this so-called "SUSAN" who moderates this board is really Lucifer in disguise.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.