Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 01:50PM

Hi wcg. In a closed thread you said:

"I hope Nightingale thinks THIS guy is funny."

Sorry, but I'm not understanding your reference.

I haven't read anything by the OP of that thread. The topic in that particular thread I don't think is funny, no.

Not sure of the importance or otherwise of your comment but I'd like to respond if it matters to you. First, though, I'd need some clarification - iow, huh? :)

Sorry, and thanks if you want to explain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: hotwaterblue ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 02:14PM

Nightingale, privately chat with Cheryl and get this all straight. You seem like a very nice person, and I'm sure you are, but your sense of humor has taken a left turn if only because of a slight misunderstanding.
The post that initially offended you a bit was hysterical. It still is. Read the whole thing until you get the jist of what's going on. If not, I don't mean to offend. Just trying to awaken your funny bone a bit.
WCG wouldn't offend you on a bet. Very few on the board would.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 02:39PM

Hi Blue.

You're right. I definitely missed something along the way. I admitted to that and asked for clarification. I only just saw wcg's post today. Seems like she wrote it last week. Hence, even a bigger disconnect.

I don't recall being offended. (lol, shades of mo days!) I'll have to go back and wade thru and see what comes up.

If this refers to Don Bagley's thread, I did put in an update about how I get it now.

What threw me off was first of all thinking the comment was about me and I just didn't get why. But also, I wouldn't call a bad singer a nightingale as that sweet bird is renowned for being a beautiful singer. But, again, there I go being too serious. I usually do approach this board in serious mode and I do happen to be uber-analytical/literal. Also, if something is kind of an inside joke (like mo stereotypes that Don B was writing about) as a convert I don't always clue into that easily and then am not even aware of being behind the crowd. Sorry.

No worries, anybody. I'm not offended. I do freely admit to missing the point, maybe in more than one place. Sorry if so. And maybe it's so low-level that it doesn't even matter? Except when I feel there's a point someone's trying to make involving me and I don't understand it. Then it matters to me.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 07:42PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2011 07:43PM by wine country girl.

Posted by: piper ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 03:15PM

The nightingale reference actually reminded me of a scene from the Disney Cinderella cartoon. One of the step sisters is singing a song, "Sing Sweet Nightingale" horribly badly and screechy. That was my POV on it.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 03:46PM

Nightingale. You are one of the favorite posters of most of us here--if not EVERYONE. I believe most of us here think you are the BEST and would never want to hurt you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2011 03:47PM by cl2.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: April 11, 2011 07:44PM

Sorry, Nightingale....I'm in Sonoma County for a few days, helping my daughter with wedding plans. No, the comment was absolutely NOT an insult. (I secretly think you're awesome, but don't tell anybody).

When it comes to humor, let's just say I find it in the darkest places (and in the most bizarre people). You didn't think crazydaze was funny, so I was pointing out this poster (ex_sushi_chef). No big deal.... Life goes on.... Spent some time with my 30 year old son, taking him for his SECOND HAIRCUT (in five years).

Meanwhile, Jesus is sick with the flu. He said to tell you, "don't sweat the small stuff, and with wcg, it's all small stuff."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2011 10:15PM by wine country girl.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.