Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Garmy the Great ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 02:07PM

I've been researching Mormon garments in order to discuss them with a friend.

I can only find a limited number of photos showing people wearing them. Why do you think that is? Does the church work behind the scenes to get them removed?

I would think that there would be hundreds of pictures.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: beulahland ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 02:08PM

You can't control the internet, but you CAN control the people wearing the underwear...

Posted by: sukiyhtaky ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 02:30PM

Because basically not many people get a thrill at looking at people in fashion challenged underwear. If they do, they get a copy of Bass & Tackle and look at the long underwear. Really, how many views of them do you need? If you've seen one, you've seen them all. zzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 02:56PM

Unless, of course, they're on a beefcake calendar. Then each looks quite enticingly different.

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 03:46PM

And if you're into that sort of thing, you can find more than beefcake... search for "Mormon" and "Boyz" (very adult and NOT safe for work)

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 07:03PM

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 07:13PM

Happy to help :-)

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 04:47PM

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 04:50PM

+1

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 04:53PM

... made his little missionary beef-cakes calendar he would have had the missionaries just take their arms out of the sleaves and rolled the garments down to their waistline and then take the pics with the garmies forming little bundles at their waist like I was often to see my father do.

I think it would have ticked-off TSCC/BYU even more. LOL

Posted by: laluna ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 04:57PM

Actually, I kind of know what what Garmy means. I am a nevermo and was very curious about what garments look like (especially since my in-laws all wear them). However, I could only find one picture on the internet of people wearing them. In that picture the garments look really baggy (especially on the woman). I was curious if this was typical or if some people wore much tighter fitting ones. Couldn't find any other pictures, though. I am, through lack of evidence, forced to conclude that garments are pretty baggy as far as underwear goes.

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 05:09PM

very ill-fitting.

Posted by: reinventinggrace ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 05:31PM

We could start a "Mormon garments" image library. Folks could send in pics with whatever info they wanted.

RG

Posted by: neverevermo ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 05:57PM

ditto straymutt--one is plenty enough to send me into hysterics... hehehe

Posted by: bluebonnet ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 07:47PM

As far as garments being baggy that is pretty much up to whoever is going to be wearing them. Some like them tight so they don't show under certain tighter-fitting clothes while others may go for a more loose fit if that feels more comfortable. I can't tell ya how many combinations of size and type of garment I went through trying to find a happy solution that didn't make my shirt have all these awful lumps due to the garments. For the bottoms you can get these garment bottoms that are stretchy material almost like biking shorts that are probably popular because they don't show under slacks but they were so tight and uncomfortable I didn't like them. Then there is the matter of the garments showing below your shorts so one option was to buy garment bottoms in a smaller size or even petite sizes so you could wear shorts and still be "worthy" (ugh) Some people use pins or whatever to shorten them but you aren't supposed to do that. To make a long story short (too late) there are 4 or five different styles and materials used for garments and they can be loose or tight. They usually end up baggy and falling down and get all dingy-looking.

Posted by: pickmepickme ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 09:30PM

I remember hearing a couple of the sisters in my ward talking about how great it was since they discovered the "petite" bottoms. They were designed for short sisters, so on an average or a tall sister they didn't come right down to the knee, but rather rode high mid-thigh. They could "get away" with shorter shorts and skirts. Nice.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.