Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 05:47AM

NiNa recently posted this gem:

"Tonight I am attending with a son, sons-in-law, and grandsons. Where are their mothers? Gathered in the kitchen of our home! What are they doing? Making large batches of homemade doughnuts! And when we return home, we will feast on those doughnuts. While we enjoy them, these mothers, sisters, and daughters will listen intently as each of us speaks of things he learned here tonight. It’s a nice family tradition, symbolic of the fact that everything we learn and do as priesthood bearers should bless our families."

- Apostle Russell M. Nelson, "Our Sacred Duty to Honor Women," Ensign, May 1999

Brigham Young would surely sustain Nelsons words, and chastize any woman not pleased with her lot:

Sisters, do you wish to make yourselves happy? Then what is your duty? It is for you to bear children... are you tormenting yourselves by thinking that your husbands do not love you? I would not care whether they loved a particle or not; but I would cry out, like one of old, in the joy of my heart, ‘I have got a man from the Lord! Hallelujah! I am a mother...’”

- Prophet Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, v. 9, p. 37

Outrage you say? Surely the woman who loves her children and her God would stand by her man and feed him donuts and give him his props for being her ticket to the Celestial Kingdom:

Do you uphold your husband before God as your lord? "What!—my husband to be my lord?" I ask, Can you get into the celestial kingdom without him? Have any of you been there? You will remember that you never got into the celestial kingdom without the aid of your husband. If you did, it was because your husband was away, and some one had to act proxy for him. No woman will get into the celestial kingdom, except her husband receives her, if she is worthy to have a husband; and if not, somebody will receive her as a servant.

Author: Erastus Snow
Source: Journal Of Discourses
Volume: 5
Page: 291

Perhaps this seems harsh dear sisters, but do you really deserve the love of your Priesthood holder? And what of you, you holders of the Priesthood, do you deserve to be loved by your wife? No, not unless you provide her with salvation in the heavenly kingdom:

When the wife secures to herself a glorious resurrection, she is worthy of the full measure of the love of the faithful husband, but never before. And when a man has passed through the vail, and secured to himself an eternal exaltation, he is then worthy of the love of his wife and children, and not until then, unless he has received the promise of and is sealed up unto eternal lives. Then he may be an object fully worthy of their affections and love on the earth, and not before.

Journal of Discourses Vol.3:360
Brigham Young

So wives, make those donuts for your lord, and men, be faithful so that you can get your wife into heaven and eventually earn her love. And may we find true future happiness in the next world as a reward for following the words of our prophets and giving up our happiness in this world...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sandie ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 07:16AM

mindless load of garbage after another.

Posted by: top ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 06:06PM

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 06:08PM

...just so I can use the French pronunciation... garBAHHHHGE

Posted by: Sandie ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 06:10PM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 06:19PM

Relax; they were 'Only Speaking as Men' *g*

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 06:22PM

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 08:27PM

Were the ones below Russell Nelson's quote his source for inspiration of this fucking 1850 mindset?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.