Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 11:45PM

the mission president's wife. Her attitude was the most condescending, self-righteous, self-important, pretentious of ANYONE I've ever met in my life.

See, she was from the morridor and mormon royalty. Her sacrifice was that she and her family had to live in "the mission field" and carry the torch of mormonism in a part of the country that wasn't mormon at all.

She would drone on and on about how wonderful Utah was, how wonderful BYU was, how wonderful to live amongst the Saints and just be surrounded by the faithful. While everything in her life was a blessing, you could tell she actually hated living here and couldn't wait to go back to Utah someday. Can you say, two-faced? She was quite a piece of work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 11:49PM

She used to being a big fish in a little pond. In the mission field, she didn't enjoy being a little fish in a big pond.

Posted by: deb ( )
Date: April 20, 2011 11:51PM

was it alabama by chance??

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: April 21, 2011 12:04AM

I remember trying not to laugh out loud the first time she used that phrase, "mission field" i.e. anywhere outside Utah/Idaho/Arizona. It struck me humorous that here were these mormons trying to teach Jesus in an area of the country that is OVERFLOWING with it already. Talk about the johnny-come-latelys to the church meetin'! Only a hundred or so years behind the missionaries of the methodists, baptists, lutherans, episcopalians, presbyterians, etc.

Posted by: OpenYourMouth ( )
Date: April 21, 2011 12:25AM

Was this gal in the mission field sometime around 2004-2007?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.