Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 08:02AM

members in norway: approximately 4300
http://jesukristikirke.no/20-spoersmaal-og-svar-for-skoleelever.html

active members: 30% * 4300 = 1290

i think somebody estimated that around 30% of total church membership was active (probably varies from place to place, but we'll use that number as an average).

adults to children ratio: 2 adults per 3 children (? i'm totally going on the holy ghost inspiration on this one =)

tithing paying members: 2/5 * 1290 = 516

average income in norway: 36,700 NOK
http://www.ssb.no/lonn/

monthly church income: 516*3670 (assuming 10% on gross income) = 1,893,720 NOK

i havent accounted for additional income from funds like the temple, education, missionary, etc.

what do you guys think? how should i adjust these numbers and what am i possibly forgetting, in order to give an accurate, *conservative* estimate?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2011 08:10AM by Nick Humphrey.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 09:46AM

The activity rate in Europe would be close to 15% imo

Posted by: Emmas flaming sword ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 09:57AM

It reminds me of the Middle Ages in Europe when the Catholic church collected all of this money and then sent it out of the country to Rome.

Billions of dollars roll in from all over the world to be hoarded in SLC, and hardly a fraction is sent back to the original country. What a waste.

Posted by: mo larkey ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 10:37AM

this may help... looks like the stone is not rolling forth but stuck in the Fjord..

dismal numbers for the Morg

http://www.cumorah.com/index.php?target=main&wid=160

Official LDS Statistics
LDS Members: 4126
Missions: 1
Temples: 0
Stakes: 1
Districts: 3
Wards: 7
Branches: 15
Total Congregations: 22

Derived LDS Statistics
Approx. Active Members: 1237
Percentage of Members Attending Church Weekly: 30%
Average members per congregation: 187
Average active members per congregation: 56
LDS, as percent of population: 0.0902%
Active LDS, as percent of population: 0.027%

Posted by: mo larkey ( )
Date: April 19, 2011 10:55AM

not to get off topic but isn't it

interesting to note that Italy which has 58,000,000

people compared to Norways 4,000,000

gets a temple when Italy has only 5600 active( if that)

http://www.cumorah.com/index.php?target=main&wid=107

In your face Catholics/vatican.. step-aside were coming

whether we have the members or not. At least it looks good

to the Tithers back home - got to keep the Illusion alive

that we are stickin' it to the Man ( pope).

Date: April 19, 2011 11:56AM

when i was still on my way out, hearing about the SLC mall and all the money used on it, while the members of norway have been waiting for a temple since 1851 (the first baptism in norway) really pissed me off...

and i told this to a tbm lady at the time and she said to me "nick, we just need to be more humble"

and i was like, ok, you guys really ARE fcuking brainwashed...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2011 11:56AM by Nick Humphrey.

Date: April 25, 2011 05:22PM

every full tithe payer can also deduct a maximum of 12500 NOK (2300 USD) on their taxes in norway.

so take 12500*516 == 6,450,000 NOK
i'm not sure, i think the 12500 is what you deduct from your taxable income, so if we use an average of 20% tax for married couples with children ( http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:42c0pAFNaNUJ:mobil.aftenposten.no/article.htm%3FarticleId%3D3768519+gjennomsnittsl%C3%B8nn+skatteprosent+i+norge&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=ubuntu&source=www.google.com ) it would be 1,290,000 NOK

had norwegian mormons spent their money in norway instead of giving it to the church then norway would get at least 25% (sales tax) of 22,724,640 == 5,681,160 NOK

so add those numbers together and you get that the country of norway is losing *at least* (using very conservative numbers) roughly 7 million NOK in annual taxes from having the church in norway.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2011 05:33PM by Nick Humphrey.

Posted by: Just Browsing ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 07:19PM

12 -- Million members--Subtract Children and widows and poverty stricken individuals. 3 million or 25% pay a full tithing ..

Average out the Huntsmen, Marriots, Youngs, Ainges, and all rich people like MLM'ers and captains of industry or lawyers and dentists or doctors-say tithing of $ 30,000/year (or any manager or entrenpeneur over $ 300,000 per annum salary.

Ration it against the poor countries who may pay well less than $ 1,000 per year..

So Say on average the LDS church gets ***ONLY*** a tithe of $2,000 per active member/ per year, (ask this board how much they paid in tithing, if you question the figures). That is only a family household income wage of $24,000 per year......

That's $3 Million times $2,000. That is a **Collection Plate Offering** of a mere $ 6,000,000,000 (SIX) BILLION to a Utah Corporation with a tax exempt charitable status. Plus all the investments and ""FOR PROFIT"" corporations.

So by taking in $500,000,000 (FIVE HUNDRED MILLION) just in tithing// per MONTH world wide and giving no account of their book keeping practices -- They might appear to be a little bit well off..

JB

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.