Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 09:36PM

We all have our differences regarding belief/non-belief. Awesome great more power to us for being individuals.

I do think it is a bit of a dick move when posters hijack someones thread that clearly believes in a higherpower/diety. I am not calling out anyone, just stating what I am observing. For shits sake I am a dyed in the wool atheist that thinks all gods are funny or scray and that most of their followers are insane. However I respect their right to discourse and sharing in their beliefs, amongst eachother.

Now for the believers leave us hedonistic defiliers of religion alone. Live and let live scenrio needs to prevail I do believe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2011 09:44PM by dthenonreligious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: snb ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 09:42PM

If a believer is just talking about their own church or their own belief, I am completely fine with this. I would never insult them for that. However, once a believer starts to look down on other beliefs, and used their own sense of faith and their own flawed thinking abilities to justify trashing other people's beliefs, I'll step in every time to let them know how ridiculous they are.

I guess I just feel strongly about that. That is the only time I'll step into a thread about religious beliefs.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 09:44PM

snb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If a believer is just talking about their own
> church or their own belief, I am completely fine
> with this. I would never insult them for that.
> However, once a believer starts to look down on
> other beliefs, and used their own sense of faith
> and their own flawed thinking abilities to justify
> trashing other people's beliefs, I'll step in
> every time to let them know how ridiculous they
> are.
>
> I guess I just feel strongly about that. That is
> the only time I'll step into a thread about
> religious beliefs.

Me too and it works both ways. Christians should stay out of respectful atheist threadsand atheists should do the same for Christians. And people wh want to debate should try to be civil and not make big demands on other people.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 12:10AM

I agree bona dea and I wanted to say I have always felt you added to my knowledge base on many topics. Thread closed and I couldn't say it before. So, let's be civil and let's allow others to share their thoughts without put downs, please!

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 09:50PM

But there have been a number of times when I have seen a person make a claim about their church that I know goes against the stated policy of the church. I will in deed point out that what they are claiming does not jive with the stated policy of that Church.

Posted by: Just Browsing ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 09:45PM

Just as you have stated it must be allowed to go both ways. All the atheists must allow those who have kept a christian or jewish or hindu or any other type of belief system in an eternal being, to voice their thoughts.

Conversely all believers should leave the atheists, hedonists, wickan, or any other type of believers alone. People gravitate to where they want to be and so good luck to them ..Whatever floats your boat!!!

JB

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 09:48PM

*** Guidelines,Censorship, Trolls, Rumors and Religious Wars ***

"This site is Christian-friendly. It is not, however, Christian-safe. Do not assume that everyone here will share your beliefs; other posters can and will disagree with and challenge what you say. If you decide that you need a site that is Christian-safe as well, we can recommend some places."

In other words, if they want a place that is safe for them to discuss their faith among themselves, there are other sites for that purpose.

And don't think that the believers don't do the same thing to non-believers.

Here is an example from:
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,175715,175715#msg-175715

Chloe piped in to say that Hitchens had better make his peace with God

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,175715,175723#msg-175723

And Truth speaks for himself:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,175715,176085#msg-176085

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2011 09:52PM by MJ.

Posted by: AlmostFell ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 10:02PM

You won't get any flak from me on this. I completely agree.

Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 12:26AM

No flak, although I'm not around much.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.