Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: What is Wanted ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 07:03PM

I am not asking for proof of Book of Mormon archeology or for you to explain away all the anachronisms contained in the book. What I and others simply want you to do is show us something.

Please show us that the information contained on the golden plates is actually the same information contained in the Book of Mormon.

Just because Joseph claimed he "Translated" the plates that does not mean he actually did the translation correctly or even at all. The Book of Mormon only proves Joe Smith was an author. It does not prove he actually was able to accurately take the information from the alleged gold plates and translate them into English.

I suspect he did not. Please provide the appropriate reformed Egyptian characters to any Egyptologist for translation into English. Without the characters on the golden plates available for review to examine and compare to what is written in the Book of Mormon we can only surmise Joe published a book and nothing else.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lost ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 10:31PM

This becomes even more of a concern when you consider how well Joseph Smith did *translating* the Book of Abraham...

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: April 25, 2011 11:33PM

At the beginning of the Preface it says-

To the Reader

At the end of the preface it is signed-

The Author

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 02:32AM

The End

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 09:38AM

What is Wanted Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please provide the
> appropriate reformed Egyptian characters to any
> Egyptologist for translation into English.

One of my mantras is: Why should I trust Joe Smith translated "reformed Egyptian" of the BoM when it's clear from the BoAbra that he couldn't translate regular Egyptian?

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 09:50AM

In the famous Greek Psalter incident he claimed that the characters were the same as on the plates and that the psalter was written in reformed egyptian.

He also wrote a in a letter to the Times and Seasons 15 May 1843 that the plates had no Greek writing on them.

And last but not least, according to Grant Palmer, there are 20 eyhe-witnesses who all said he never had the plates present when he was 'translating' them.

Joseph had no idea whatsoever what Reformed Egyptian looked like.

And nobody has ever been able to make heads or tails out of the Anthon Transcript charactors, except that they look like various marks thrown hither and yon.

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 10:50AM

Gawd loves us so much he makes everything difficult, or impossible to believe, to strengthen us for the next life which will be even less believable than this one. You know, the one where virtually everyone will be a servant to gawd and his most blessed gawd's in training. Can't wait. I predict there will be no evidence in the next life either.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.