Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: April 21, 2011 11:45AM

Some nurse came forward and then my life went ballistic and I never found out.

Anagrammy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: coyote ( )
Date: April 21, 2011 12:04PM

I actually hadn't heard those allegations at all. It was before my time, though, I was growing up in the church while the Hinckster was in charge. Do you know of any sources where I could check for further information?

Posted by: kookoo4kokaubeam ( )
Date: April 21, 2011 03:25PM

Harold B Lee was the Pope John Paul I of Mormonism.

Date: April 21, 2011 05:32PM

There was a nurse who came forward and said she saw something injected into his IV by a person who was not a regular hospital employee, but dressed like a health care professional.

Gossip was flying because he had stabilized from a heart attach and then died later, mysteriously, in his room.

It was at LDS hospital. Later people said he was about to make changes - didn't like the new direction the church was going in. Very much a John Paul 1 kind of thing.

Got Danites?

Anagrammy

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: April 21, 2011 05:36PM

What kind of changes was he going to make? I can't imagine anything of consequence when it all is done with unanimity or not at all.

Posted by: runtu ( )
Date: April 21, 2011 05:36PM

Harold B. Lee was so conservative in his approach to the church that he was near-reactionary. Remember that it was Lee who stopped Hugh B. Brown's attempt to rescind the priesthood ban in 1969. Why would anyone imagine Lee was going to make any major changes? That would have been totally out of character.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: April 21, 2011 05:44PM

runtu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Harold B. Lee was so conservative in his approach
> to the church that he was near-reactionary.
> Remember that it was Lee who stopped Hugh B.
> Brown's attempt to rescind the priesthood ban in
> 1969. Why would anyone imagine Lee was going to
> make any major changes? That would have been
> totally out of character.

Maybe he was going to make it more hard arse?

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: April 21, 2011 06:56PM

I don't how how Harold B. Lee(ve him not) died thank God he's gone! Fucking racist!!!!

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: April 22, 2011 01:58PM

First of all according to his cousin, who I know, he had NO heart trouble what so ever!
He was in there for routine medical tests or whatever.
The last people to see him or 'visit' were Hink and BKK.

The nurse was upset and it was covered over.
According to reports I became aware of through people who were close to it, the FBI dropped the case because they didn't have enough positive proof, and it implicated a very powerful group, individuals or organization.

Harold B. Lee had just signed away the illegal system the church had been operating with called a corporation sole. With the sole the church could use a signature machine with the presidents rubber stamp signature and do what ever they wanted to with the assets of the church. Pres. Lee was going to take that power back to the quorum and signed papers to do so.
Hink was in charge of the PR and a lot of other inner workings of the church businesses. With the corporation sole the president holds the final and only word about what is done with the monies and no one can oppose him. He also does not have to reveal what is done with the monies because it is a tax exempt organization.
Since we can only guess that it is worth billions.... that's a lot of power and people have been killed for less....

There has been a lot of corruption and cover up in the church regarding other things.... is it a far stretch to think perhaps Pres. Lee was bumped off???????
Probably not... just we may never know, just have our suspicions.

Posted by: en passant ( )
Date: April 22, 2011 03:35PM

This guy, Steven C. Davis, believes that GBH and BKP murdered not only HBL, but a chain of 14 individuals. See if you can piece it all together.

http://www.bridgingtruth.com/Letter.html

Excerpt from Davis' 2006 letter to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales:

"On Sunday, November 4, 1973 President Harold B. Lee spent several hours in the Salt Lake Temple praying to resolve church leadership problems and family matters. He believed he was surrounded by evil men. He was inspired to give a “warning” at the conclusion of his home ward (Federal Heights) Fast & Testimony Meeting: “…By way of testimony I want you to know that I know that God lives, that Jesus is the Christ and our Redeemer and he is at the head of this Church; I am not. I know that he operates in all the affairs of this church and I say this by way of testimony that you may know that I know he lives. (after a long pause) I say this to you by way of serious warning that I also know that the adversary lives and operates in the affairs of man. And he is determined to cause a downfall of men. If he can’t get to us, he will try to get to those closest to us, for he is in a mighty battle with the work of the Savior. And I must tell you these words of warning. So keep close to the Lord. Don’t be discouraged. The Lord will take care of his own. If you are prepared, you need not fear, if you are on the Lord’s side.” Fifteen days later President Lee dissolved a fifty year old Corporate Sole entity with the State of Utah which he believed was evil and corrupt. Five weeks later he is dead."

Posted by: Tulie ( )
Date: April 22, 2011 06:58PM

Do you even know who "this guy" is. If your going to site a reference, at leat give us a clue as to who the "guy" is.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: April 23, 2011 12:46AM

Ah shoot, head over the LDS Freedom Forum for a bit... Nutwads like this one are a dime a dozen in certain circles...

http://www.archive.org/details/exposingcoruption

>On Dec 10th 2007, host of Monday Brown Bagger radio show, Reginald Angus Argue (pen name of Angus McLeod) had as a guest Steve Davis, who is a Private Investigator out of USA.

>A few of the points that were covered during this radio show that was originally broadcast on COOP Radio out of Vancouver Canada (CFRO 102.7 FM www.coopradio.org):

>Steve's late (Dr H Clyde Davis) father was involved with Wind talker and he hand delivered orders from Harry Truman.

>Steve talked about the connection between Bin Laden, Al-Qaeda, Bush Sr, Dick Cheney, Barrick Gold, Brain Mulroney, and the illegal money laundering of the Zion First National Bank (Mormon Bank).

>How dangerous could Mitt Romney be if he were to be elected US President.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2011 12:47AM by SL Cabbie.

Date: April 25, 2011 02:21PM

You wanna know who "this guy" is? Click your mouse on the link and read the goddam article. Then you'll know as much about him as I do.

If you're not interested, then just skip the article, just like you skip over a couple billion terabytes of other Internet crap you're not interested in.

Either that or find something worth pissing yourself about.

Date: April 25, 2011 06:35PM

Date: April 25, 2011 07:15PM

It figures.

Three things, by the way:

1. Questions are best followed with question marks.

2. "Your" is an adjective, the possessive form of "you." "You're" is a contraction which means, "you are."

3. People "site" buildings, but "cite" references.

4. As for "leat," well, I can only guess that you mean "least" but the rest of your writing is so bad it's (that would be "it is") hard to know.

Date: April 25, 2011 07:37PM

Okay if just help myself to that pawn you moved forward two squares there, EP?

It's spelled goddamn...

And Davis is a nucking fut, period.

Date: April 26, 2011 11:38AM

Three Things:
1) You are still asshat
2) You are also a fuktard because you can't count. You indicated "three things", but you listed four...dumbass. For someone who thinks they're so smart, you made yourself look like an idiot by trying to correct my grammar, yet your writing and counting aint so good eder
3) Me thinks you are attempting to come across like a really smart guy, given the nature of your moniker, but I'm betting you either have a low self esteem or a small wenus. Probably both. You are simply trying to hard to appear to genius-like.

Date: April 26, 2011 11:48AM

Next year, fourth grade.

Trade in your jumbo pencil for a skinny one with an eraser.

Date: April 26, 2011 12:33PM

you do have a low self esteem. I feel sorry for you. Weirdo.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: April 23, 2011 10:29AM

Posted by: deep background ( )
Date: April 22, 2011 04:01PM

I was an employee at LDS hospital in December 1973 working that week and specifically Christmas eve and day. As a college student I would work double shifts on holiday weeks. I worked full time on the wards from 1972-76.

What you are describing sounds to me unrealistic because of the number of people in HBL's room. The visiting policy was a bit too loose for my likes but when it came to GA's there were always people in and out and I am trying to figure out a time when someone of this importance would have been left alone. 11-7? Even at those times VIPs, while not guarded, were with someone or had a private nurse. We put on extra people for VIPs. (Of course I usually had to babysit the boys from the Point of the Mountain.) The care at this facility was first rate at all times.

I have never heard this and I have to tell you the way church gossip flew through the wards I know we would have heard of anything like this. There was no wall of silence. You would have to understand the work culture of LDS hospital at the time. The grapevine was really active. While there I learned that while it was LDS hospital there was a very strong ethical streak and many nurses questioned actions and authority because they cared.

This sounds much like the Kennedy conspiracy people who cannot accept the randomness of death and events. I would love to know who is claiming this. I remained working there for the next three year and while working on the various wards with nurses I never heard this ever.

Posted by: Nina ( )
Date: April 22, 2011 04:19PM

Mark Hoffman got a plea deal for murder, as otherwise the SL-Trinity et al would have to testify. (not only "my" opinion). Remember BY was indicted for murder as well. Nothing ever became of that either.

Posted by: D. Lamb ( )
Date: April 23, 2011 03:30AM

Those righteous men would never get themselves involved in something illegal and so removed from the truest church on the face of the earth. They are humble servants of the lord. Murder, and illegal banking. Only Joseph, Brigham et al condoned that type of thing, right?

All the murdering and illegal bank fraud is behind them. Those little flecks of history are as if they never existed. After all the trial and error blunders of the past-- god has finally restored his true gospel. Now the blacks have the priesthood. Women can pray in sacrament meeting. The Lamanites are now designated as being "amongst" the principle ancestors of the American Indians. No more death oaths in the temple after being touched stark naked under a white poncho. Now things are right like god intended.

These men today would never do such things. I have such a strong feeling they are good hearted no nonsense men.

Posted by: D. Lamb ( )
Date: April 23, 2011 07:41PM

I don't know if this happened or didn't happen. I am saying it is possible and it could have happened. If the MMM didn't have evidence to back it up many here would say the church leaders could never have done that.

The difference between Decker and this situation is that there has been an actual FBI inquiry (if what I read was correct, if not than I am wrong) into what happen. Decker swore by his accusations without evidence to support.

Did Joseph Smith involve himself in abortion. Some could call this Bullshit due to lack of substantial evidence and say he would never do such a horrific thing. Has the Mormon church ever been involved in any conspiracy? No! because conspiracies only exist in the mind of lunatics right? Give me a f*cking break!

Posted by: cariokopoko ( )
Date: April 23, 2011 10:32AM

Did Harold Lee die because he was GOING to dissolve the corp. sole or did he actually dissolve it and was killed later? (yes I see the 15 days or so after, but question its veracity)

I see a problem. The first, if Lee in fact dissolved the coporation sole, why the hell kill him 15 days later? Why not just wait until he died? The deed was done.

Perhaps some more questions are in order. Since, apparently the corporation sole was dissolved, how is it still existent today? Was there restrictions on time or procedure on rescinding the dissolution of the corp sole? If the Latter is an affirmative, how did that play into the supposed murder of H.B.Lee 15 days later? Surely a connection has to be there for it to be credible.

Just a couple more quetions, HOW did the corporation sole get reversed again AFTER Lee dissolved it? WHO were the people involved in that and how did they do it?

Surely it is clear that there are leaders, even prophets, in the church that are liars, dishonest and shady. Hinckley is 2 faced and all the blatant lying he has done shows the church to be more than capable of despicable behavior. The charge of Murder, especially with the modern church, needs quite a bit of evidence to even entertain.

Date: April 23, 2011 11:21AM

None of the above. The rumors are a bunch of bullshit.

If you want to recover from Mormonism, quit buying into the kind of crapola Mormons believe...

One reason this site is so powerful is that many, many of us work hard to ensure that its credibilty is unquestioned.

Many years ago the proprietor of this site "showed Ed Decker the door" because of other unsubstantiated allegations.

And yet it's impossible for the average Mormon to avoid mentioning Decker in when critics of the church are discussed.

Posted by: cariokopoko ( )
Date: April 23, 2011 11:41AM

Agreed, which is why I cannot understand some of the posts that support or even buy into the theory without asking some common sense questions. If there is one thing exmormons should have learned from their exit, it should be to use critical thinking rather than buying into anything that they might find enticing just because it helps support their views in some way or they want to believe it.

Its like some huge packet of papers that some missionary had on my mission, filled with all of these amazing archeological discoveries and evidences of the BOM. I WISH i had it photocopied and saved it. I recall one of the pages discussing lamanite remains uncovered, both corpses had some type of silk garment ( or other fabric ) with the exact markings of the modern day garments. LOADS of shit like that filled every page, truly it was a treasure trove. And for most the mormons that read it, they believed it, unquestioningly because it affirmed their current belief system.

Date: April 23, 2011 01:41PM

Now, Cabbie, the yeah/neah from the viewpoint of "because I said so" doesn't work here. I appreciate your opinion, but would like more info if you have it.

It is equally fascinating to me as an urban legend because I think it reveals the real beliefs of Mormons under the facade. When there is no transparency, rumors run wild.

I was hoping to find someone had written a book on it or it had been thoroughly investigated. It is not Ed Deckerish to suspect the Mormon heirarchy of such skullduggery, after all, it's in the Mormon tradition, right?

There's a big difference in asking a question and making outlandish accusations with no evidence, coming from personal bias (Ed Decker).

I thought the response from the person who worked at the LDS hospital at the time was significant. Is this poster legit, someone familiar to you?

Also, what do you think of the Stephen C. Davis material? Who is he and what happened with these accusations, if you know.

You are highly respected on the board and have earned your stripes. Now earn your pay! (lol)

If you don't know anything, fine, but I intend to chase down every rumor that tickles my fancy!

Anagrammy

Date: April 25, 2011 02:30PM

But the description of LDS Hospital security is spot on... It didn't happen...

When I was visiting a wealthy friend up there who was having heart surgery, Ezra Taft Benson was put in the suite my friend had (we laughed about it; he said the nurses called the prophet "ET"), and there were two aids in the waiting area...

I recognized one of them; he was my old seventh grade Utah history teacher...

Larceny is routine among these folks, as is dissembling for the lord, but for murder you have to look at splinter groups or the fundamentalist crowd or back to Brigham Young...

Common sense allows one to make the call on this one...

This one is just another example of how Mormons will believe nonsene... See Beck, Glenn...

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 02:26AM

First off, I am not saying that there was a murder, just wondering why the testimony below is supposed to erase all doubt.

SL Cabbie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But the description of LDS Hospital security is
> spot on... It didn't happen...

So hospital security never let anything get by them?

>
> When I was visiting a wealthy friend up there who
> was having heart surgery, Ezra Taft Benson was put
> in the suite my friend had (we laughed about it;
> he said the nurses called the prophet "ET"), and
> there were two aids in the waiting area...
>
> I recognized one of them; he was my old seventh
> grade Utah history teacher...

What does this prove? I wasn't aware that the presence of a 7th grade Utah History teacher ensures that nothing nefarious could happen.

>
> Larceny is routine among these folks, as is
> dissembling for the lord, but for murder you have
> to look at splinter groups or the fundamentalist
> crowd or back to Brigham Young...

Why is it ok for exmormons to speculate that BY may have been behind the murder of some of his potential rivals, but not in this case? Why do we not doubt JS's willingness to shed the blood of another human being, but such an attitude is beyond the pale in this instance? Why can these kind of things only happen in small "splinter" groups? I can think of another large psuedo-religious organization that is headed by someone who is prone to violent outbursts and has been linked to murder. Besides, medical accidents happen all the time in hospitals. All it would take is a complicit dr or nurse.

http://www.seattlepi.com/default/article/Dead-by-Mistake-Within-health-care-hides-1305620.php
"Experts estimate that a staggering 98,000 people die from preventable medical errors each year. More Americans die each month of preventable medical injuries than died in the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001."

>
> Common sense allows one to make the call on this
> one...

Common sense has proven to be sorely lacking in church history and how the church is run, why should it be assumed in this case here?

>
> This one is just another example of how Mormons
> will believe nonsene... See Beck, Glenn...

I agree that the evidence is pure hearsay, but I think it is also a stretch to say something like that is beyond the realm of possibility or on par with a Glenn Beck conspiracy.

Posted by: blueskyutah ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 12:50AM

One interesting thing about the letter from that Davis guy is his friendship with Paul Dunn, Harold B. Lee, Howard Hunter, and Ezra Taft Benson. He goes into the deaths of Dunn and Lee but later on Benson was incapacitate leaving the Hinkster in charge, then Howard Hunter lasted only a few months when he died and the Hinkster became the Prez.

Date: April 26, 2011 02:47AM

The murderer is Hink in the Hospital Room with a Liahona...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.