Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rowell back ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 11:21PM

So I packed the garments!

You can read my original post here:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,172145,172145#msg-172145

So I took the great advice of the board and packed the garments. I made sure to only throw in 2 pairs even though we were away for 5 days.

The trip was relaxing for the first 2 days. Then the shit hit the fan when she woke up the third day and after showering went to put on her foundation of frump. Only it wasn't there.

The conversation went like this:

Her: How many pairs of garments did you pack?

Me: Not sure. I just grabbed a handful and threw them in the suitcase.

Her: Why did you pack 5 pairs of panties?

Me: In case you wanted to work out every day.

Her: What am I supposed to wear today?

Me: Panties?

Her: .....

So at this point I decided to jump in the shower and halfway through I noticed the water pressure drop slightly so I peaked out of the shower curtain and there she was washing the 2 pair of garments in the sink.

We left the hotel room with obvious tension between us that didn't let up the rest of the day. On day four (our actual anniversary) we had a decent day and that night off came the clothes to reveal the hand washed garments. Then the garments came off, then they were neatly folded and placed at the end of the bed, then the "missionary" discussion took place, followed by a rush to the bathroom for a few minutes. Then the garments that were neatly folded at the end of the bed were placed back on and our intimate moment was over.

Yes ladies and gentlemen... Mormon intimacy at its finest!

I HATE GARMENTS!

RB

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 11:53PM

30 years of God, Jesus, Prophets, Stake Presidents and Bishops all sleeping with my wife but not me. Not me.

Intimacy was seldom possible. The wearing of garments always took precedence.

I hated them also. And you're right. They suck!

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: April 26, 2011 11:56PM

All I can say it THAT IS JUST PATHETIC!!!

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: April 27, 2011 12:14AM

Take someone more appreciative with you on your next trip.
You wife is an idiot.

Posted by: Stormy ( )
Date: April 27, 2011 12:21AM

I can't believe she wouldn't rather sleep the night without them..I'm so sorry

stormy

Posted by: faboo ( )
Date: April 27, 2011 12:33AM

Sorry to hear your trip didn't work out quite how you were hoping. I also feel bad for your wife, since it seems like she's legitimately afraid to go without them for too long. Fear is often a difficult thing to work through.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: April 27, 2011 12:38AM

There is a reason they are called sheep.

Sorry to hear that your wife is not adult enough to assume responsibility for selecting her own underwear. How pathetic.

Does she even like having sex? It didn't exactly sound like the room was rocking. And the scurrying back into grubby frumpyness must have been a major turn off. What did she think was going to happen? A meteor was going to come crashing through the roof but she would be safe in her Jesus jammies? Just so sad how the morg brainwashes their little sheeple.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: April 27, 2011 01:41AM

And yet, here I am on the exmo board. I think I was so afraid of not doing everything exactly as commanded. I never realized how they stopped intimacy short (okay, we're done now! Time to get dressed!) until they were gone.

Sorry things turned out the way they did, but you never know how things will change in the future. Just love her and be patient (but maybe tell her to pack her OWN suitcase next time, so she won't complain about how YOU did it).

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: April 27, 2011 02:03AM

Hubby can choose his undies and I can choose mine and we don't fuss about each others undies. Those are our personal rights.
Religious attire has been around for more years in some form, than I can count. If he wants to wear religious attire, I have no right to infringe on that. And visa versa.

Hubby can wear what he wants to bed and I can wear what I want to bed and we don't fuss about what the other person is wearing. Again, those are our personal rights.

My rule for my life: more love in actions and attitude and behavior. Stop the negative thinking in it's tracks, it sabotages my peace of mind and joy in my life.
It's very costly to engage in hate and negative thinking and I'm not willing to pay the price. There is great freedom in letting it go. I much prefer the freedom.

Posted by: reinventinggrace ( )
Date: April 27, 2011 03:07AM

So, you didn't bring her all the undies she wanted, and now you're complaining that the holiday was kinda chilly.

S'pose she only liked it when you wore tidy whities and you were a boxer kinda guy. Would you spend the whole week getting your testicles squished, or would you hand wash those puppies and wear the clothes you wanted to.

Sure it's a turnoff for you for her to be all garmied up, and it represents a creepy "ownership" of her body by a whole line of ecclesiastical leaders and assorted dieties. She's not going to score points with you that way. But on the other hand, I don't think you scored many points with her on this one either...

A lot of good sex may involve figuring out what she wants and delivering.

RG

Posted by: NoMoMolly ( )
Date: April 27, 2011 04:28AM

Chuckling at "foundation of frump".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.