Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderborracho ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 03:52PM

Approximately how many "lurkers" frequent this site? It would be interesting to know if anyone had a good estimate, per day/ year/ etc. I know I cruised all over this place for months before posting anything.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: freegirl10 ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 04:33PM

How can we identify lurkers? How can we encourage them to identify themselves?

Date: April 30, 2011 06:18PM

I don't know. I.T. is not my thing. I guess if they can figure out how many hits in relation to actual postings yada, yada, yada. There has got to be a way damn it! I wanna know!

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 08:00PM

Seriously Cheryl??? That is great if it is true.

Posted by: deb ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 09:20PM

whenever you mention lurkers, are you referring to "spies" per say?? as in LDS actives who are being nosy, snoopy, etc.

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 09:48PM

lurker status isn't an indication of whether or not they are a spy. I imagine most spies can't keep themselves from either blatant trolling, making passionate pleas to "understand" or post things they think will get exmormons to reconsider their lack of belief. I'm sure there are some spies who simply spy and catalog. But back to the main point, lurker doesn't = spy or someone with nefarious intent.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 07:03PM

Can't you take the hits per day to the site and subtract the post??????

Date: April 30, 2011 08:37PM

Sam Houston you funny. Como tu sabes que yo estoy en el Estados Unidos? Mi Ingles esta bien! No? Mi encanta Estados Unidos y RfM! Tus estan mis amigos! Dame otro tequila por favor!

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 09:18PM

I don't know exactly how many, because I'm just using second hand stats (alexa) and a general average (posts per day noted on rfm), but I'm guessing that this site has a lot - A LOT - of lurkers and many times more lurkers than posters.

You can check out the alexa stats here: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/exmormon.org#

Check out the pageviews, pv/per user, time on site, and especially the bounce percentage. The latter is only about a quarter of visitors, so 75% of visitors do not "bounce" after landing, they stick around and check out the site. Mormon.org, on the other hand, has a nearly 60% bounce rate.

In fact, for some stat fun, enter in mormon.org under the graph and hit compare, then check out the comparison between the two sites all of the above metrics. exmormon.org basically crushes mormon.org on everything except traffic and reach (which makes sense). Enter in LDS.org, too, and compare all three. exmormon.org holds its own pretty well against lds.org in most metrics. Bottom line, exmormon.org users spend leaps and bounds more time on the site, and has more page views per user.

Date: April 30, 2011 10:05PM

Wittyname that is what I was looking for! Thanks for the info!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.