Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 08:42AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 08:46AM

No.

Posted by: freedomissweet ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 10:17AM

Those one word answers are the best.

I also add mine NOoooooooooooooooooooo.

Posted by: yours_truly ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 08:48AM

Brain damage?

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 09:05AM

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 09:27AM

Nope.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 09:42AM

The old saying "A frontal lobotomy or a bottle in front of me."

Posted by: Garibaldi ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 10:15AM

Date: April 30, 2011 12:21PM

I never thought of that one.....hummmm. Well she would have to be 20 years old again.....me toooooo.....

Posted by: m ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 10:19AM

I'd rather slide down a razor blade into a vat of alcohol...

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 11:00AM

If they would quit calling it a religion and say it was a business and secret social club. Maybe!

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 11:02AM

reincarnation as a bic baby and reindoctrination, that might work, until I was 5 and learned how to use the internet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2011 11:03AM by think4u.

Posted by: xophor ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 11:22AM

It would have to be a vision. Not just a "sighting" or some other fleeting impression...it would have to have some two-way conversation and a helluvalotta explanations and answers.

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 11:26AM

Short answer: no. Long answer: HELL no!!!!

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 11:19PM

Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 11:31AM

There are far too many reasons for not being a mormon, one hit doesn't undo thousands of misses. And even if for example the "plan of salvation" was true it would still be utter lunacy.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 12:50PM

into the custody of my rabid TBM brother.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 12:51PM

Life is too short to spending it chasing my tail in that goofy religion.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 12:56PM

Only two possible ways for me.

1) I would have to receive some kind of undeniable witness from God that the LDS church really is true. However, I obviously do not see this happening as I see the LDS as so blatantly UNTRUE. The witness would have to be more than just "feelings" or "promptings." More like receiving my own First Vision.

2) The LDS church changed its ways. If you could go to church when and how you pleased and you had the freedom to believe what you wanted. In other words, you didn't have to accept the notion that Joseph Smith was a prophet or the Book of Mormon inspired. However, this choice just means that I would only attend for social reasons and could care less about religious aspect of it. I tried hard to stay active when I was a non-believer because I didn't want to lose my social group, however it was just too hard being an in the closet unbeliever. And Mormonism is not tolerant of them.

Posted by: bad boy ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 01:04PM

If Irina Shyak or someone of that sort turned out after finishng her PhD in BioChemistry decided she was mormon and wouldn't marry me unless I did the same, I'd seriously consider it.

Posted by: givemethismoment ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 01:20PM

Honestly, if the first presidency came forward and said, "We have lied about this and this and this. We need to admit that we are not perfect and this church is not perfect, but we believe in the gospel and would like to live our lives accordingly," then I'd consider it. For me, I can't gest past the lies and the hiding and pretending. If they would present themselves and the church as it is, I would have an immense amount of respect and would consider it.

Posted by: Randy ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 01:26PM

Posted by: delightsome ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 06:33PM

+1

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 05:55PM

No - and I can actually feel my skin crawl at the idea of it.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 06:02PM

Only if I had a loaded gun to my head. And even then still couldn't make me believe again.

Posted by: Mr. Happy ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 06:23PM

The last prayer I offered up, I told the "Lord" that the ONLY way I would believe in him or any religion, a visitation from him accompanied by a select few of my deceased loved ones would be required. They all could then tell me face-to-face which direction to go...and I would follow that direction for the rest of my days. If I had the option to die and join them at that point, all the better. If "God" loved me as much as I had been told growing up, I wouldn't think this request would be too much of a problem. Oh...and I also wanted a 6-DVD Box Set of the REAL history of the world. You know, scenes from the creation, the Titanic sinking, who shot Kennedy, etc.

That prayer was 14 years ago. Still waiting, but not holding my breath.

Posted by: george ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 06:23PM

Only if I would immediately be made the senior apostle. Then when Tommy passes, I would be sustained as the new prophet. I would stand at my first conference and tell the world it is all a crock of s..t, and as the sole CEO of the Corporation of the President,
I was immediately giving all the church assets to the poor, the hungry, the sick... as Christ would have us do.

PS: I would then run like hell, for the Conference Center doors...

Posted by: temnamedeborah ( )
Date: May 01, 2011 02:49AM

George, that's a good one. Truth and helping the needy-that would be truly new in the Morg.

Date: April 30, 2011 06:53PM

lol

Posted by: freegirl10 ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 06:57PM

I am so grateful to have broken the hypnotic hold the church had on me, I will NEVER let them get a hold of me again! "Milk before meat" means lure them in and then gradually let them find out the truth. Like a mosquito anesthetizing its victim before it bites him.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 07:56PM

If all the Mormons died, and ex-Mormons were considered Mormon, then maybe by default I'd be a, er, fuggedaboutit!

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 08:09PM

I'm a nevermo but I'd convert if I got 10% of the church's income.

Posted by: tawanda2011 ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 08:19PM

Nothing!

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 11:18PM

But he or she would have to appear to me, personally, and there better be one DAMN good reason under their belt!

Posted by: elderborracho ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 11:42PM

Ummm yeah, if Bednar and I would go to the local watering hole on a fast Sunday, get sloppy drunk and settle our differences!

Posted by: Jilly ( )
Date: April 30, 2011 11:48PM

I would become a Mormon again if the LDS church were to pay tithing TO me for ten per cent of their incrase annuallly, plus sat offering (I'll just take 10% of what the brass pay in their FO's) and budget/maintenance.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: May 01, 2011 02:30AM

Absolutely. If one of them said this:

Return to the church and we will give you back all your tithing and pay you 10% of your present income to stay.

Done.

See I now know that they don't give a sh*t if you believe or not--it's a financial arrangement. So if we flip it my direction, I'm in. It's not like it's a religion or anything.

Anagrammy

Posted by: WickedTwin ( )
Date: May 01, 2011 02:35AM

Seems like a low risk investment. They will always have a significant cash flow.

Posted by: glad2bout ( )
Date: May 01, 2011 09:46AM

Born again mormon?

That means I would have to testify that Joey was a profit back in the day--the one who married a 14 year old teen, the one who married women who were already married to other men, the one who is responsible for the work of fiction known as the book of MORmON, the one who couldn't get the book of Abraham right, the one who committed crimes in the name of his self-made religion, and on and on.

That means I would have to support, again, the American whites only doctrine, the inferiority of the non-white and non-American cultures and ethnicity, and on and on.

That means I would have to pay the cult's bastard definition of tithe again, and on and on.

That means I would, again, have to support a fraudulent belief system. I made that mistake once, and that is enough for an entire eternity; no way they are going to get their claws into my soul and psyche again.

To top it all off, any organization that has the likes of Mike Ash speaking for it is not going to ever have my support again.

Glad2B Out

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: May 01, 2011 10:31AM

One thing that might get me back would be for a change in Sac Meeting to include choosing another couple to go into a classroom with and have sex.

Ok, I'm not really a swinger, but that probably would have kept me more interested.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.