Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Boilermaker ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 03:17PM

Family Radio's Harold Camping says that on Saturday it's the end of the world with a gigantic earthquake causing all of the dead people to be tossed alive out of their graves. Those who don't believe in Harold Camping are supposed to get thrown to the ground (and I think he said die). What are you planning on for this Saturday? I plan on working on the garden.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 03:21PM

I don't believe in the guy, I guess I better repent though, just in case.

Posted by: gannosu ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 03:21PM

Does anyone know what time Saturday it will be? I don't want to set around all day waiting. I have other things to do.

Posted by: Boilermaker ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 03:28PM

I guess Camping's problem is that he received a civil engineering degree from Cal-Berkeley, but here's the scoop:

http://www.familyradio.com/facts/

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 03:30PM

If the rapture happens, I'm so screwed!!!!

Something tells me I'll be sitting here on Sunday morning with a cup of coffee as usual.

Posted by: Comfortably Numb ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 03:34PM

With everyone and their dog believing that the end of the world is coming Dec 21, 2012, it's time to spend this fateful Saturday planning your 'In Your Face' bash for the Dec 22nd, 2012 and yes, be sure to toast Joe's human side that day on his birthday because without which, it would have sucked to escape the Morg if it wasn't for his actions that made it into the history books that they don't talk about publically :)

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 03:35PM

and borrowing their stuff.

But dead people getting coughed up? Yeeeew. I'll stay in. It'll probably rain anyway.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 03:50PM

I'm renting a U-Haul and auctioning off their stuff on eBay. Of course, any of their atheist children will have first choice.

Anagrammy

PS. I am so jealous of the atheist who set up the Rapture Pet Care insurance scam. Now THAT's an entrepreneur. You disappear, he comes and finds a new home for kitty among the evil people waiting for destruction.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 03:54PM

on NPR. I had a good giggle.

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 03:41PM

LDS Social Network forums are heavily into the whole May 21st prediction:

http://www.lds.net/forums/lds-gospel-discussion/39187-may-21-2011-another-judgment-day-claim.html

They will be so pissed off if the evangelical christians got this right, and got the whole rapture thing going before the mormons had a chance to jump on board.

Most of the social network commenters are just revealing that they're as tempted by this scenario as they are by masturbation.

One mormon commenter noted that her food storage was not up to Rapture standards.

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 04:00PM

I think I will eat some cannabis brownies and swirl a little tinture of the weed. That should keep me calm through the whole thing.

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 04:01PM

I'm looking forward to having all the asshat fundie xtian types gone. Even with the ensuing war things will definitely be better.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 04:13PM

with The Donald firing himself....

this is an 'Extra Special' day on the interwebznet...

Posted by: bdawn ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 04:15PM

I will be reveling in the biggest party Texas has to offer... Jimmy Buffett in Frisco with my good exmo buddy Pat... If Saturday truly is the end of the world, we'll be going out with huge smiles on our faces!

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 09:09PM

HEY, I don't know where Ima gonna go when da volcano blows!

Yee Haww!

Posted by: SoCalNevermo ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 04:21PM

I read some stuff over the weekend about how Camping came up with his numbers (6 p.m. eastern on Saturday). It's even more absurd in the details.

I have tickets to a concert that afternoon and I think it will be a doozy. Would hate for it to be interrupted by something silly like the end of the world.

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 04:22PM

I'm gonna borrow a million dollars that I won't have to pay back and go stay at a 5 star resort Friday and Saturday night (until the end comes) and I will have no stress about paying anything back because - well, it's the end....... :-)

Jimmy Buffett would be better though. Just saying......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2011 04:22PM by nickerickson.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 04:23PM

I'll be attending my DD's dance recital. :-D

Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 04:25PM

I'll probably stay indoors. Curing my hangover, from the night before, with pizza and books. Let us know if you see a zombie.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 04:25PM

I'm planning a big end of the world bash.

And if it doesn't end then, we'll party on until it does...

Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 04:26PM

gave all his assets to the poor unsaved who will be left.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 04:43PM

There is a family in Florida- Both parents quit their jobs and budgeted their savings to last until the 21st. Oh, and the wife is pregnant and they have a 2 year old daughter. She also quit medical school for this. I was aghast when I relayed this to BF, and he responded, "Yeah it's awful, but would you really wanted to be treated by a doctor who is clearly unstable?"

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 04:47PM

i will be righteously pissed if the party is busted by an earthquake. god will have to reimburse me a lot of cash for wrecking dd's fun.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 04:52PM

Three words:

Newcastle Brown Ale.

I just noticed the "enter code" for my reply contains the letters "CUM", so maybe I'll get lucky and the earth will move in other ways........

Posted by: sonflower ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 04:59PM

During this Saturday's "alleged" earthquake I will be planting another orange tree in my yard. (Living in FL has it's advantages, but it is getting hot.) These wacko fundie Christians give the rest of us more liberal Christians a bad name, and I hope all atheists and agnostics don't make the assumption all Christians hold the same view. The Bible does say, "we know not the day nor the hour." As Timothy says on his"What are you drinking tonight? Friday entries, "Party on Mates!"

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 06:30PM

Just hope the rapture doesn't hurt my sales!

Timothy

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 07:11PM

It'll make sniping a lot easier!

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 06:38PM

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 06:48PM

Gotta restore courage and stand w/ Glen the self proclaimed prophet Beck.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 07:17PM

Since it will be a special day perhaps I'll make oatmeal scotchies AND chocolate chip cookies. Then we'll eat them for monday gaming.

Posted by: sockpuppet ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 07:24PM

I'm worried about which one of me will not get raptured...

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 09:13PM

yeah, that one that won't let go of Mr. Happy, we worry about him :)

Posted by: Stormy ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 08:22PM

That would be great, we're at first communion when this all falls down...

stormy

Posted by: Cousin Exmo ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 08:30PM

I plan to be kayaking on the Great Salt Lake, just like last Saturday.

Posted by: Michaelm ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 10:16PM

I'll probably just have a cup of coffee. Might put this music on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeo0_3gN190

Posted by: tawanda2011 ( )
Date: May 16, 2011 10:29PM

We're going camping. Maybe we'll bring extra supplies in case we're the only survivors. The world will be shit out of luck because there won't be any multiplying and replenishing the earth at our age.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: May 17, 2011 12:00PM

... the earth might like that!

Timothy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.