Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: chulotc is snarky ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 02:18PM

I know he's done this already once in 1994, but what excuse do you think Harold Camping will come up with when there is no rapture tomorrow?

Any ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2011 02:22PM by chulotc is snarky.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 02:19PM

What will you say if there really is one? lol, no, I don't believe there will be one, but it is interesting to contemplate.

Posted by: chulotc is snarky ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 02:22PM

Posted by: Bob000000 ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 08:22PM

I miss calculated let me try again.

Posted by: kristine ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 02:22PM

When rapture does not happen on May 21,Harold will say that he prayed to God that this does not happen and that the Lord answered his prayers, thus his butt is covered.

Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 02:23PM

The rapture did happen! It just happened in the hearts of the true believers. It wasn't what I expected but this is even more glorious. God operates in his own way and we, as mere mortals, cannot comprehend.

Send more money.

Posted by: jw the inquizzinator ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 03:58PM

Posted by: jw the inquizzinator ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 04:00PM

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Posted by: SoCalNevermo ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 02:26PM

If there's a significant earthquake within 6 hours of the predicted time he will claim success (Never seen a 6 hour period without an earthquake somewhere in the world).

He might claim that the "rapture" occurred and that those wwho remain were not faithful enough. Of course he was left behind to help them see the light while there's still time.

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 02:44PM

He's over 90 years old and a nut job. It does not matter what he says. Those using their intellect will see through his BS.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 02:46PM

He'll probably claim that the rapture didn't happen because there are not enough righteous people left to be taken up to heaven, or where ever they go.

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 02:49PM

the 21st is not yet over.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 03:01PM

I Imagine that he already has a press release ready

"Just like Abraham, Harold Camping's diligence and faith along with all his supporters prayers caused the lard gawd to change his mind and allow his (gawd's) children - Just like Issac - to carry on and seek Him (gawd) through his proven profit and diligent servant, Harold Camping............Please send Money"

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 03:03PM

1 - God told me he found enough righteous people in the world to hold off for a while.

2 - God said there were not enough righteous people in the world to carry out his plans during the millennium so we have to wait.

3 - See post above : Our prayers saved all of you - for now.

4 - I am full of shit and knew it, I just wanted to see how many idiots would believe me. HA! HA!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2011 03:05PM by nickerickson.

Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 03:36PM

The real answer is, I think, Camping will say that the mighty prayers of the faithful have saved the world yet again. Then he will move the date of the end to some time in the future and do it all once more.

But I like Nickerickson's choices, above. Heh! Heh!

Posted by: Rod ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 03:50PM

e.g. tornados, earthquake, fire, etc, and will say that this is the beginning of the rapture. God has now told him that the rapture may take several days as opposed to one day.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: May 20, 2011 03:59PM

It's known as The Great Disappointment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Disappointment

Miller waited for Jesus to come until he died in 1849. I think Camping really is going to be surprised when nothing happens. It looks like his followers are going down with the ship too, by the decisions some of them are making.

It's just history repeating itself. In fact, even the taunters remind me of the things people are saying today, making t-shirts and whatnot. They did the same thing back then. The article is fascinating.

I guess I could be wrong though. Maybe Jesus has picked one self-appointed prophet indistinguishable from the 700 other lunatics we've had in the last 200 years.

"Have you a ticket to go up?" LOL!

Posted by: kmcaker42 ( )
Date: May 21, 2011 08:22PM

THIS GUY MUST FEEL WICKED STUPID RIGHT NOW ! GETTIN MAAD PEOPLE WORRIED FOR NO REASON DOES HE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT HE HAS DONE ?! HE MADE MAD PEOPLE QUITE THEIR JOBE & RUIN THERE WHOLE LIVES BECUASE OF THIS " RAPTURE " CRAP ! I FEEL BAD FOR THE DINASOUR ( THIS GUY IS LIKE PREHISTORIC , HES MAD OLD ) . HE NEEDS TO GET A LIFE !

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.