Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon666 ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 09:48AM

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/lifestyles/article_1d24dc7c-843b-11e0-a4a7-001cc4c03286.html

"After seven years of almost constant construction at the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints compound near Pringle, Custer County commissioners have said they won't issue any more building permits to the group until improvements to Farmer Road are under way and all delinquent property taxes are paid."

"The FLDS's neighbors say it's about time."

"The compound must also clear up its tax arrears of about $178,000 in 2008 and 2009 property taxes, according to a new resolution approved in April by the Custer County Board of Commissioners. The county's new policy says no building or construction permits will be issued to any property owners who are delinquent on their property taxes."

"We are so fed up with FLDS," said Cookie Hickstein. "We don't drive semis over the road; they do. They impact that road greatly."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 12:18PM

I haven't seen their compound, but I have seen the FLDS women quite a few times shopping in Rapid City. One time I went on the 11th of the month (the day food stamps are given). Walmart was loaded with FLDS women. I saw a couple who were pregnant and looked REALLY young.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 12:45PM

Wow!

South Dakota?

Wow AGAIN.... Did they flee there from Texas?
I think they should go somewhere without a harsh climate... like.... Tahiti!

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 02:31PM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 03:26PM

Will they shoot people trying to escape ? Will large air filled baloons chase them down ?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.