Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pixie Dust ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 05:38AM

Banker: I am returning Mr. Dust's call.

Me: Sweetie, it's Joan from X Bank on the line. (I hang up after he picks up).

Mr. Dust: I'll use this phone here. (which happens to be the portable which he never uses, but which he can follow me around the house while talking).

Mr. Dust: Hello Joan. Did you get my message? (pause). That's right. (pause). That's right. (pause). Correct. (pause). That's right. (pause) Yes. Go ahead and pay on those two items. (pause). That's right (pause).

Meanwhile, Mr. Dust is watching my every move and does not want me to pick up the line and listen in.

Mr. Dust is never at a loss for words. The cryptic message of no dialog was very unusual for him.

I don't make calls like this where I have to cut my responses short and not participate in the dialog.

This makes me wonder just what he purchased that he doesn't want me to know about and just why he felt the need to crypt it.

Marriage as an "institution" is just that. If it is supposed to be a contract between God, DH and I, it is sorrowfully lacking in a number of ways.

Thanks for listening! (or reading as the case may be).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pista ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 05:41AM

I think Mr. Dust is in a better position to answer you questions than anyone here. Try asking him.

Edit: You didn't actually ask any questions. You were just complaining that he is not communicating honestly with you instead of communicating honestly with him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2011 08:33AM by pista.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 08:30AM

Why didn't you ask him?

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 09:03AM

as to what... remains to be seen...... covering checks is a real possibility.... so is hanky panky..... but we dont know Mr.Pixie.....any other reasons to be suspicious?

Posted by: Redwing ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 10:10AM

Posted by: Pixie Dust ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 02:18PM

Transfer from one account into his ebay account. Payment of $3,400.00 plus coverage for more ebay purchases of junk we don't need. Last purchase was for a scanner that scans 35mm slides and makes pictures from them. We have gone digital in our home. I don't get it.

Posted by: Richard the Bad ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 02:26PM

If the response I got from my spouse was"junk we don't need" and "I don't get it", I wouldn't be forthcoming about it either.

But then, money is the number one cause of marital stress.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 03:00PM

that would be strange!!

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 05:54PM

>Last purchase was for a scanner that scans 35mm slides and makes pictures from them.

Posted by: Anon! ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 02:58PM

Posted by: Little nevermo ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 04:28PM

When I worked at a bank, there was a customer that would come in and deposit his paycheck in two accounts religiously. Most in the joint account with his wife, and the remainder in a separate account in just his name. We would come up with all kinds of wild stories about what he was doing with the other account. Until, one day, they both came in together and his wife was just beaming with joy as he withdrew the funds from his account in the form of a cashier's check made payable to a luxury cruise line! It was his way of making sure it remained a surprise, as she was the one that paid the bills and would see the money otherwise....

So, don't always assume the worst. If you continue to doubt him, an honest conversation is always best.

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 06:38PM

He got you a gift

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.