Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 11:38AM

Here's an old talk M. Russell "Flip Flop" Ballard gave back in 1995 about mindlessly following TSCC leaders without thinking stuff over:

"We do not need more members who question every detail; we need members who have felt with their hearts, who live close to the Spirit, and who follow its promptings joyfully. We need seeking hearts and minds that welcome gospel truths without argument or complaint and without requiring miraculous manifestation. Oh, how we are blessed when members respond joyfully to counsel from their bishops, stake presidents, quorum or auxiliary leaders, some of whom might be younger than they and less experienced. What great blessings we receive when we follow “that which is right” joyfully and not grudgingly."

http://lds.org/general-conference/1995/10/hyrum-smith-firm-as-the-pillars-of-heaven?lang=eng

I don't need miraculous manifestations, but I do think things over and reason them out, thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 11:46AM

Oh, how we are blessed when members respond joyfully to counsel from their bishops, stake presidents, quorum or auxiliary leaders,

I suppose this "we" means the bigwigs in SLC because otherwise it would say "Oh how the members are blessed when..."

Nice to see who gets the blessings from our faith and commitment.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 11:50AM

will I guess if this dumb Ass would of followed the WOW he would not need heart bypass surgery.

Morgots are not suppose to question, because they will go to hell. What a bunch of shit!!!!

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 11:54AM

Well, I guess they didn't need me anyway. :-)

BTW, interesting detail in his wording. "We don't need members who . . ." and "We need members who . . . ."

I thought the church was there to help the people. Apparently it's the other way around. Who would have GUESSED?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.