Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 09:00AM

a lady told me today that someone in church told her that "'we' should try and get him (me) sent back to his parents so that his (my) wife and kids would at least stay in the church." this lady responded with "you cant talk about a father of 4 kids like that" and he said "they're better off without him."

jesus h christ, i feel like .... grrr ...

the ironic thing is that i really liked this guy and he was in the circle in every one of my children's baby blessings in church. talk about hurtful and hypocritical...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2011 09:12AM by Nick Humphrey.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 09:07AM

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 09:11AM

Yeah, is he married?

Date: May 27, 2011 09:13AM

and he's short and reminds me of dr. klopek from The Burbs (and he's a male nurse, so almost identical)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2011 09:15AM by Nick Humphrey.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 09:15AM

He's scum. To talk like that just because you have changed your mind about something. He makes it appear like you are seriously flawed, a lowlife, even as bad as a molester. Yes, I called him scum, because he thinks you are. Some friend.

Posted by: Rod ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 09:15AM

there is no such thing as a true mormon friend. Friendship is contingent on your dedication and adherence to the cult. Have you considered confronting him?

Date: May 27, 2011 09:19AM

but i want to do it in a way so that most people as possible in the ward know what was said. i've considered a megaphone and showing up in the middle of sacrament meeting, but i dont wanna get in trouble with the police =)

i've thought about sending a message to the bishop and demanding he call this guy in and apologize to me, otherwise i'll let everyone in the ward know somehow.

thoughts?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2011 09:21AM by Nick Humphrey.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 09:39AM

Since your wife is active, she should get up to bear her testimony and near the end of it she should say something like "I love my husband with all my heart and if Brother So-n-so thinks myhusband should leave us so I can find a templeworthy husband, he's plain nuts."

Date: May 27, 2011 09:47AM

she's not active per say, she just goes because she has friends there and likes the social part of it. (or so she says) =)

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 12:22PM

effective. They probably already know and half of them agree.

They're Mormons after all.

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 10:50AM

"get [you] sent back to [your] parents so that [your] wife and kids would at least stay in the church?"

If sending you back home to mommy and daddy doesn't work, maybe they can make you stand in the corner or ground you for a month.

I wonder if they know how infantile and childish they sound?

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 12:29PM

This guy stands in the circle blessing your baby, and now he says your wife and children are better off without you? What an incredible douche bag. Maybe he should do an "I'm a Mormon" spot.

Posted by: rogertheshrubber ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 12:31PM

When I left, I was shocked to see how few "friends" I actually have. I feel for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2011 12:32PM by rogertheshrubber.

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: May 27, 2011 01:44PM

send you home like you were a misbehaving child at the playground!!

i'd talk to him privately and see if that is what he actually said or meant. after all you heard it as gossip, well-meaning tho it was. you can tell from his reaction, even if he denies it whether he is speaking the truth.

make your decision AFTER you get the facts.

my view tho, is that people will agree with the underlying idea: you are unworthy to have your family, even if they say it sounds nutty the way he said it. The bishop, however probably does NOT want another welfare family, so he may be on your side, especially if you are 'letting' your family go to church anyway.
good luck in the ward. nice to know who your friends are,eh?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.