Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 04:11PM

I'll start.

I raise my glass and toast my best friend. He taught me unconditional love and loyalty. I will always miss him. For my buddy, my friend, my dog. Here's to you. You were a good boy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 04:16PM

To my buddies that never came home from Afghanistan. You crazy bastards were a hell of a good time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2011 04:19PM by dthenonreligious.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 04:19PM

Small in stature (he used to play baseball with the Jockeys from Hollywood Park) but a big, big man on the inside. He had so many friends, you wouldn't believe it! Everytime we moved, he would collect another group of friends. And they would come to visit, decades after we moved away. Dad's life was a sermon on happiness and humor. Here's to you, Dad! I was the luckiest daughter on earth to have a dad like you!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 04:25PM

I will raise a toast to my parents, who were wonderful and loving, and to my grandmother who was so caring and brave. I'd like to toast every dog and cat I've ever loved, because they always loved me more.

And I'd especially like to toast my fellow adult single female, Deenie. If there's an afterlife, I want her to be a princess who gets first crack at the buffet line (I remember that story.) To Deenie!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2011 05:36PM by summer.

Posted by: sockpuppet ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 04:29PM

Let's toast my shrink and all my other personas

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 04:34PM

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 05:11PM

StalkerDog, you're part Weener dog?

I shoudda guessed, they're onery little things. I used to be owned by two of them, brothers. One lived to be almost 20. I miss those little guys, I once watched them chase a St. Bernard down the street. I have lots of respect for Weener dogs, believe me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2011 05:12PM by lostinutah.

Posted by: Jersey Girl ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 04:54PM

To My Aunt, Stella Golba Godwin, who served as a Navy Nurse in the South Pacific during WW II and met her husband, a wounded Marine, on Guam. RIP Auntie Lala

Posted by: Just Browsing ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 05:18PM

Our wonderful DEANIE !!!! (sp) Wonder spirit and beautiful music --Gone but not forgotten --

JB

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 05:34PM

Her daughter is the greatest wife in the whole world...IMHO.

Posted by: apikoros ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 05:52PM

I'm not the first to do so, I notice; but definitely my toast is to Kathy Worthington, who helped me every step of the way to exit the Mormon Maze.

Sadly missed, ever remembered... we need more like her!

Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 06:03PM

My late hubby who died very suddenly and far too young. We don't get to spend our retirement together after so much planning.

My parents who married in WWII and gave us 10 brothers and sisters, much love and a will to give life everything we have.

Our lovely Kathy, also taken too young but who was such an inspiration.

Bless every one of them!

Briggy

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 06:15PM

I will raise a toast to my mom's first husband who died in '44 in WWII. They had one son- my brother. He was just 10 wks old when he died. My brother has four kids and many grandkids....thankful this man was married to my mom once. We recently found out at Arlington that there is a memorial in Italy for all those guys who went down in that plane that day.

I also toast to my DAD who died in '94 and served in the Pacific in Guam. I went to a Memorial Day service today that was so wonderful. Lots of great speakers including Gold Star Moms and a Gold Star wife. This is a really special holiday. Thanks to all of you who have served and all those who have relatives that have served.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2011 06:18PM by honestone.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 06:32PM

I was driving in a city neighborhood and saw a blue (?) star in a window -- can't remember what that means -- a family member in active service? Wish I would see more of that. I also recently saw a yellow ribbon around a tree. Very touching.

I agree, thanks to all who serve.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 09:28PM

A blue star means that the person has a family member who is deployed/serving in a war zone with the military. A gold star means a person has lost a family member to war.

Date: May 30, 2011 09:53PM

Yes, blue star....currently serving as far as I know.....gold star-family member died in service to their country.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 06:24PM

My old beagle, Flea... he was my kindred spirit.

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 09:18PM

I HAVE been here a while. I assume he and Deenie and kathy WUT are strumming the zither and having a lot of laughs over a glass of celestial chardonnay.

Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 09:35PM

To my little son, who was killed by a drunk driver when he was just 2 years old, and to my young daughter, who drowned shortly before her 16th birthday. They had little time to enjoy life, but I enjoyed every moment with them. They'll always be in my heart and my memory. Good-bye, my little ones...

Date: May 30, 2011 09:54PM

These days especially must be very hard for you. Thinking of those precious lives taken way too soon.

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 11:29PM

I am so so sorry, your life has been most difficult. I cannot imagine all you have gone through. All of the best in the world to you, T.

Posted by: orphan ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 09:38PM

A toast to all my orphan brothers and sisters who served and a second to all who gave their all on the field of battle. You will always be remembered.

Posted by: Johnny Canuck ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 09:39PM

This Canadian vet salutes my american Uncle, Donald Damon Reed 1933-2008, who served in the USN aboard the USS Macon, 1955-1958. I miss fishing with him.......

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 09:53PM

To my father, a veteran marine of WW11, who died at 38 of lung cancer, never even having smoked a cigarette, though he was not mormon until just shortly before his death.

He joined the mormon church 2 weeks before he died trying to give me mom some peace of mind ( I learned later in my life), leaving her to raise 4 young children on her own.

He was a wonderful man and father, and loved me more in the 10 short years of my life than one would think possible. He was amazing, and has always been my hero. I see his picture on my dresser every single day of my life.

He was also a lot like Colonel Moroni,my dearest friend in this world. Both were left handed pitchers all through college, then drafted by the pros, my dad was a marine in WW11, CM in the Air Force in VN. Then both became principals. Is that the strangest thing?

I lost my dad at 10, and Col. M.'s beloved and only son died tragically in a car accident at the age of 9. C.M. even looks somewhat like my dad. They have been the 2 most important men in my life, by far, always loving, always there for me. I love and honor them both, even though the Colonel is still very much alive and well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2011 10:04PM by think4u.

Date: May 31, 2011 08:52AM

Glad CM is so much like your dad. Yes, many similarities are there. I tend to see my DAD who is now gone in other people....a man standing on a street corner ready to cross the street, a man waiting for his car to be brought around for him, a man walking in a store....It is so odd. I just stare as I can't believe how the man looks like my dad. It looks like you have your double right there with you. How lucky you are.

Posted by: one left behind ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 11:58PM

To my dear loving partner of near forty years who succumbed finally this spring to a most wretched death by alzheimer's. He loved all unconditionally and his smile was unforgettable even through the most difficult times! I am afraid my heart died with you.

Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 12:11AM

My Father...he passed away last year on Memorial Day. Fitting for a die-hard Marine.

Date: May 31, 2011 08:54AM

one left behind and exmollymo, this holiday had to be very hard for you. Hope those in the future get easier to bear. Keep those positive thoughts in your mind and you will find more smiles than tears.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2011 08:56AM by honestone.

Posted by: DebbiePA ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 12:18AM

My sweet younger sister Jaye, who was a PFC in the Marines and stationed at Camp Pendleton, California in 1982 when she was killed in a car accident. She was 24 years old. I miss her so much.

Date: May 31, 2011 08:56AM

How sad. My sister also was killed by a reckless driver at the age of 27. I too miss her every day. To all the siblings we lost way too soon-a toast to all of you!!!

Posted by: elderborracho ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 01:33AM

My dad, however the TBM that he was, he is probably rolling over in his grave because I am participating in this forum. Actually, now that he has passed on he probably knows the truth and supports me 100%

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 01:38AM

Here's to all the well meaning people who tried to open my eyes to cultdom.

To my dad...He did the best he knew how!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.