Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: downsouth ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 12:42AM

I asked my good TBM friend to represent me in F & T meeting this Sunday to tell my story.
My daughter is going on a rather expensive trip this summer and we had to make the final payment. I told my wife to go online and pay with one of our credit cards and I would pay it off over a couple of months. She goes online and reads the message in disbelief that the remainder had to be paid by "check". This was not something we were expecting but unlike most TBM wishers, when I went apostate, my marriage got stronger and so did my finances so we were actually okay to write a check. An AMAZING thing then happened the very next day. I received a notice in the mail that an item I had purchased almost two years ago had a recall on it. It didn't matter that I no longer owned the item, just that I could provide the original purchase receipt. The amount to be received - yep, you guessed it. Almost to the penny (okay .60 off) but the odds for check to match over a thousand dollars.
I want to say in my testimonkey that sometimes good things happen to decent people NOT in the Morg.
My good friend politely declined my offer but he did find it rather funny!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: drewmeistercantlogin ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 12:43AM

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 01:25AM

:)

There we go.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.