Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: janet ( )
Date: May 29, 2011 12:40PM

I think I have a small hope that Boyd KKK Packer could actually increase the number of members leaving the Mormon cult if Tommy dies.

Maybe the two South Park creators have given Monson a really bad heartburn problem as their Broadway play "The Book of Mormon" continues to expose the nuttiness of the morg.

Check out the reviews:

http://www.bookofmormonbroadway.com/news.html

I believe the Q12 & 1st Pres are just besides themselves on this current MASSIVE problem, i.e. A popular tony award nominated NYC play all over the news because it clearly depicts the cult in such a poor light.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: May 29, 2011 01:05PM

They have reframed it as a triumph. "That's why the church isn't against it!"

TBMs say that the show puts them in the center of the spotlight "in a loving way" just in time for the election.

That's like saying Christ was crucified "in a loving way" just in time for his resurrection.

Anagrammy

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: May 29, 2011 03:57PM

back to RfM again and again. Of course the mo-pologists provide an endless supply of humor-cannon-fodder. LOL

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: May 29, 2011 06:34PM

And hopefully, right on target:

> That's like saying Christ was crucified "in a
> loving way" just in time for his resurrection.
>
> Anagrammy

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 09:20PM

Just practicing their " Cool Little Mormon Trick" from the BOM Musical's hit song "Turn it Off"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2011 09:21PM by think4u.

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 12:21AM

anagrammy Wrote: [in part]
-------------------------------------------------------
> They have reframed [the Book of Mormon Musical] as a triumph. "That's why the church isn't against it!"
>
> TBMs say that the show puts them in the center of
> the spotlight "in a loving way" just in time for
> the election.
>

The church not against the BoM Musical? WTF?? Of course the mormons are against a smash Broadway play that makes them look like FOOLS. They're just pissed they can't do ANYTHING about it. You know why? Because the Mormon Church is a gnat's fart in a hurricane.

Posted by: deepcreek ( )
Date: May 29, 2011 02:44PM

Who is the healthiest of the two?

Any bets on who passes away first?

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: May 29, 2011 09:41PM

Monson has diabetes

Packer suffers major depression.

I never cared for Monson...for me the Church died with GBH!

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 05:55AM

I prefer to see the most bigoted and controversial leader. KKK Parker wins on that case. Tommy Boy Monson gets too much credit for being a caring leader with his deceitful, fictitious widow stories. Long live the prick Packer.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 05:27PM

Personally, I detest Packer all the more because he seems moer hung upabout sex and i hate the way he bashes gays.

Frankly, I hope Doyd dies before Monsoon.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 29, 2011 02:48PM

AS IF it makes any Difference...

EVERYTHING EVERYONE says in Morland today is So Watered Down...Who's going to notice???
the Docturine has become so Diluted... who can recognize it from just 15 years back? 35? FORGET IT!

just sayin'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2011 02:52PM by guynoirprivateeye.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: May 29, 2011 02:56PM

If you took a piece of dog poop and made it the mormon profit, there would still be plenty of people who would hold up their hands to sustain it as 'profit, seer and revelator'

and every TBM would still have a picture of it on their living room wall

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: May 29, 2011 03:05PM

If Packer took over I doubt if he would last much longer than Hunter did. And I really doubt that it would affect the TBMs one iota.

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: May 29, 2011 06:56PM

Simone Stigmata Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If Packer took over I doubt if he would last much
> longer than Hunter did. And I really doubt that it
> would affect the TBMs one iota.

Who's next in succession after Boyd KKK?

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: May 29, 2011 07:36PM

I think Perry comes after Packer. But I could be wrong.

Date: June 01, 2011 02:02AM

You are right, from what I have been told. Perry after Packer.

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: May 29, 2011 04:28PM

Who is the more disliked? Gotta go with Packer. When Monson croaks, it's just another day. When Packer kicks it, there will be much rejoicing. Literally. I know people who are planning parties in celebration already. Count Chocula is just dithering on in senility and never had much attention focused on him, but Packer is pure evil; the blood of innocents is on his hands and if that miserable POS actually crawls onto the Throne of the Wizard of Oz, I can personally think of upwards of two dozen people who say they'll walk if he ends up as Profit. Not that it'll last long; I agree he'd last about as long as Hunter, if that.

Posted by: bubbleboy ( )
Date: May 29, 2011 04:29PM

I'd be willing to attend such a party!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2011 04:30PM by bubbleboy.

Posted by: bubbleboy ( )
Date: May 29, 2011 04:28PM

Packer has done/said worse things over the years, but if he took over, he'd probably be more cautious or too senile to do anything that would hurt the church.

That's basically what happened with Benson: an extremist became profit, but was too senile to do anything crazy by then.

The musical will hurt conversion in North America, but that's already pretty low anyway. The church grows through reproduction.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 29, 2011 07:51PM

Monson's public image to me is a man who is inoffensive to the point of being sleep-inducing. He's a place holder.

Packer is polarizing. Sometimes organizations do well with a polarizing leader. Such a leader may offend you but at least he presents a strong public image. You can't just ignore him.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 01:59AM

Monson has always had the public image of a nice old guy. (I've heard he is an SOB to work for, up close and personal, but I never had and never will have that opportunity, so it isn't my problem.)

Packer is vicious, opinionated, mean, and not afraid to distort the truth if it will serve his means. However, as several others have pointed out, age and senility are dulling his edge. If he lives long enough to make Profit, he may turn out to be about as threatening as a dish of vanilla pudding.

Of course, then there will be the problem (as steve benson has vividly illustrated) of the Profit's "handlers." As long as the poor old guy keeps breathing, they can use him.

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 03:21AM

He is very (Monson] He is all about knowing your place.

He doesn't deign to demean himself!

Date: May 29, 2011 09:30PM

(stickler for Truth/Facts here)

Janet: other than the usual lies... Can you cite a Direct Lie that Monson (or Packer) told?

I think (said before) that Everything is sooooooooo Diluted... One can't pin Anything on them...

just sayin'

Posted by: xMo ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 03:38AM

Realistically speaking, here are the five most senior apostles in the Q12 in order of seniority, with their current ages:

Monson 82
Packer 85
Perry 87
Nelson 85
Oaks 77
Ballard 81

Monson is younger than the next three guys that come after him and could very well outlive at least Packer and Perry. If not, either one of those might not last very long in the top spot. Oaks is the one to watch out for.

Posted by: janet ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 08:47PM

( to:guynoirprivateeye )

The lie that stands out right away for me was when Monson, GBH, & Faust all told the "Lamanite" members regarding "Father Lehi" being the real ancestor of the current inhabitants of Central America & South America in temple dedications.

Mexico, Ecuador, and I think Guatemala. I remember Monson prattling on about the blood of Lehi flowing through their veins. Something along that line.

Problem is imaginary people don't have blood or anything else for that matter.

Packer's well publicized remark of how "Truth is not always useful", and that church historians should only mention faith promoting accounts of church history.

IMO - the top 15 Morg leaders are all liars by claiming to be 'Apostles of Jesus Christ'. (WTF)

Ya, me too. I'm an apostle of Zeus.

Date: May 31, 2011 08:52PM

They better darn well hope there is no God, because bearing false witness is what they do for a living!

Date: May 31, 2011 08:56PM

Great post Janet! Those are some great examples of just a few of their many lies.

I love BKP's " Stop telling all of the truth. Some truths are just not faithpromoting or useful!" That is a real zinger, and the mo's do not even see it.

I mean, they do it so much, they have gotten really good at it. I guess practice makes perfect. haha

Date: May 31, 2011 09:09PM

Here are 2 classic quotes then from our probable next prophet, Oakes, I mean I just LOVE these, both from the PBS special:

#1 "The life of the mind can be seen in flat out opposition to one's faith" I remember thinking, "Oh yeah? Try it!" He is so trying to indoctrinate people into blind obedience and belief by saying something so very manipulative as that. In other words, do not think, just believe, obey and pay.

#2 "It is wrong to criticize leaders of the church, even if the criticism is true." I think that is a pretty obvious attempt at self insullation, trying to put a stop to all the criticism the hierarchy get nowadays because of the internet. Well I would like to tell him face to face that is is wrong to lie and deceive. I really hope he never makes prophet. EVER!

I cannot stand the guy.

Date: May 31, 2011 08:50PM

Love the title, they are all a bunch of liars for sure! I wonder if it ever even bothers their consciences in the least ?

Date: June 01, 2011 02:51AM

Thanks, Janet...

Do U have a (MO) citation for that? IT's A GREAT ONE!

but: the further they get away from matters of Belief, ...
well, You Know....

Posted by: Mateo Pastor ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 05:39AM

When I was a believer, Monson was my favorite apostle. I respected Hinckley but adored Monson. I tried to love Packer as much as I try to love anyone I don't like, but since it became clear that I was gay and he was a gay basher, I only hope for him to see the light or get a lesbian granddaughter with a black girlfriend. With two sets of earrings! There!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.