Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: fifteensixty ( )
Date: May 30, 2011 10:15PM

When I left THE ISLAND OF MO!!

Lost children. 2 kept 2
Lost spouse. 1. kept
Lost Real girlfriends. 9. Kept one 1
Lost grandchildren lost 3 kept 2
Lost siblings. kept 1 but thinks I am. Crazy.

EVEN LOST MY GREAT HANDYMAN. HAVE NO ONE TO INSTAL MY MY NEW TOILET

So what are your scores from leaving the Island of Mo. Not that it was actually yrue and real?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 03:20PM

Married nearly 49 years to a Mormon believer. We make it work.Religion is a non-issue. We agree to disagree, for the most part.

Most of our family and friends reside in different states or cities. We moved also after we retired.

We keep in contact by phone and email and Facebook. I go to lunch and other activities with LDS and non-LDS folks: family and friends.
My change in my belief system is a non-issue.

Posted by: anony ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 11:02PM

Of course you do! It's not like you REALLY left it behind you...

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 04:46PM

Toilets are easy to install, even I did it. If that's any consolation. ;-)

Posted by: rogertheshrubber ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 04:56PM

Lost siblings: 4 kept 1
Lost spouse: 1
Lost lifelong friends: 4 kept 4
Lost aunts and uncles: 6 kept 0

My parents cut off contact for about 15 months, but then started reaching out, which has been lovely.

Date: May 31, 2011 07:30PM

Thanks for playing the game which is so sad. Thats why I made it light to cope. Your life can be on shreds after the resignation process. I cant u derstand the people it dors not effect. Can you bear the looks of suspicion and disgust from yohr loved ones?

Posted by: emanon ( )
Date: May 31, 2011 07:53PM

It can be difficult.
Say to yourself, "It is their loss.", "It doesn't matter what they think.", and if they look at you funny say, in your head, "fuck you".
Repeat the above every day for as long as it takes for you to really feel and believe it.

It helps immensely!

Posted by: freeasabird ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 01:05AM

Date: May 31, 2011 08:54PM

For anyone who reads my posts, I am not illiterate. When I send a message it is on my Iphone and it is so small my fat fingers hit the wrong keys and then I cant work out how to correct (technocratic challenges but then I did start with a typewriter and eraser or rubber as we call them over here).

So, I like bullet points.

1. Emanon, how do I tell them F You ( see I cant even type it). I was such a molly I probably said the big F three times between 1966 and 2011. Is it liberating? I'll try.

2. The trouble with saying aggressive stuff is the people who give me those pitying looks are people I still love immensely. My children, my sister, my best friend.

3. Did any of you see The Island, clones grown for spare parts. The first time I saw it I felt very uneasy. Now I know why. That was all of us, we were indoctrinated for a purpose, as fodder to feed the BIG SHEEP IN SLC and keep the babies and money coming.

4. And wasnt the story so lovely and neat. It was all worked out by them for us, just be good and you have no need to fear. BUT Leave the island and there will be danger, dirt, dust, rattlesnakes and nuclear poison.

5. Do you know at least I have saved my youngest daughter who was just about to go through the early marriage, baby thing.
She willing resigned with husband and me. She is now thinking the world is her oyster and she is going to do medicine. Babies, husbands, she tells me when it is on her schedule. Not the schedule of MO ISLAND.

6. For those who are still thinking about leaving the island. Do it, there will be pain but one day so many of your children and their children will call you a BRAVEHEART. Give me liberty or give me death.(So about drama, thats just me now I am free).

7. And Emanon I am going to take your advice with the less significant TBM, I will definitely say FUDGE TO YOU AND YOUR DIRTY LOOKS.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 10:26AM

just a lousy speller!! :)
nah............. i figured either you didnt proof read(it aint a book) or ya had fat fingers!! :)+
no story to tell as my moniker would indicate!!!

Posted by: stormy's one and only ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 12:55AM

What did I lose? Nothing really. I did gain my ex wife storm. The Church did us in the first time around but I'm out. My brother is out, his wife is on the way out. And after my sister goes through therapy, no doubt she will be out.

Friends. Most of mine in college, med school were not LDS. No losses there.

The best thing is storm. We're back together. Leaving the church has its advantages.

Jake

Date: June 01, 2011 03:17AM

It is great to do convoluted missionary and get them out of Dodge.
I have had a few wins too? Anybody been able to reverse cycle?

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 03:49AM

Friends: Lost 7 or 8, Gained so many I can't count
Family: Lost 2 but they weren't worth keeping anyway.
Work related folks: Lost 1 - good riddance.
Money: Lost bundles before I left but since leaving...."Collect $200"
Self Esteem: Gained all SINCE leaving.

Date: June 01, 2011 10:12AM

Were any of you. all or one and thought badly of despite having 5 children?
BKKKP did not let FILS BREATHE. I lost shame and gained my dignity. Why do I still do the ironing?

Posted by: Stormy ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 12:41PM

You still iron?
stormy

Posted by: athreehourbored ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 10:30AM

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: June 01, 2011 03:06PM

Of course it does! But it's an improvement, right?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.