Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Abigail ( )
Date: June 17, 2011 02:43PM

So my son that recently graduated from a liberal arts college in Portland just called me. He is now in New York and is subletting an apartment for two weeks until he can find a permanent place. The person he is subletting from is going to Europe for two weeks.
He was cooking dinner and talking to the other roommate about their colleges. Both the girl he is subletting from and the other roommate are BYU graduates. He assumes they are not practicing because the roommate went out on the balcony to smoke a cigarette.

My son was blessed as a baby but never baptized and was not brought up in the church. However, all his cousins, aunts, and uncles are very active so he knows the culture.

What are the chances the he would move to New York and end up with an exmo roommate? Just can't get away from it anywhere.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: June 17, 2011 02:51PM

That there are many practicing Mormons that do all sorts of things they are not supposed to. The list of taboos being violated by practicing Mormons that I have seen includes but is not limited to: drinking alcohol, having sex, drinking hot caffeine, smoking pot, going skinny dipping (immodest in public), acting on their gay desires, and only wear their garments when they have to.

Though I, myself, have never seen a practicing Mormon smoke cigarettes, I would not assume that they are not a practicing Mormon if I saw them light one up.

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: June 17, 2011 02:57PM

I've met a lot of ex-mos at college.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.