Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: June 17, 2011 04:27PM

I was thinkin' today about my dear Gramma who passed away a few years ago today, and whom I miss somethin' AWFUL.

Being a Cowgirl herself, she had some really funny sayings that had great nuggets of truth and wisdom buried in 'em, and I'm gonna start writing down as many as I can recall.

One of my favorites: "Bein' in love with someone who don't love you back is like bein' in hell... but without all the fire."

Lol. Anybody else have any bits o' wisdom from a loved one they are willing to share? (Gramma would be tickled for me to remember her this way! See, Gramma, I really was listening...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2011 04:28PM by AngelCowgirl.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: June 17, 2011 04:30PM

...when talking about stupid people used to say they were "as sharp as a soup sandwich." I don't know if that counts, but it always made me laugh.

Posted by: jessica ( )
Date: June 17, 2011 04:55PM

I have a loved one who says: "You can call it whatever you want, bacon, sausage, etc, but it's still a pig's ass." I love this because you have to think about where what your eating actually comes from, works good in other situations too--substitute TSCC, and divine revelation.

Posted by: Stormy ( )
Date: June 17, 2011 10:27PM

Don't tell anyone everything you know or they'll know more than you do

stormy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.