Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dirtbikr ( )
Date: June 29, 2011 04:32PM

Being born and raised into the church, living my whole with the church as my compass, seminary, mission, temple wedding,countless callings, I just have to say "thank you Mark Hoffman"! After reading the Mormon Murders thirteen years ago, a seed was planted which led me out of the church almost immediatly. If there is a good place for us in the "IF" afterlife, Mark will be the first hand I want to shake and thank. The true martyrs to come out of all this are Steven Christensen and Kathy Sheets, because of their spilled blood, I learned the truth and "the truth shaLL SET YOU FREE"!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2011 04:34PM by dirtbikr.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Seahorse ( )
Date: June 29, 2011 05:24PM

This book was pivotal in the way I viewed the Mormon church and how false it is. The big question I had at the time was if the prophet couldn't discern the evil in Mark Hoffmann, then how could the church possibly be true? They must have lied about the prophet having any kind of discernment. I am grateful I got a hold of that book and was able to leave my belief in it behind.

Posted by: I believed this once, years ago.. ( )
Date: June 29, 2011 06:00PM

Hofmann is a psychopath. The blood of two good people are on his hands.

My admiration goes to Naifeh & Smith for their clear-eyed account of how church authorities were complicit in enabling Hofmann, and trying to muddy the waters of justice so they wouldn't look like the idiots and douchebags they were.

Yeah, I when I first picked up a copy, I thought the church would be on the side of the police, trying to get all the facts and bring that murderer to justice. SHOCK!!

This was my first view of the dark politics of the church, and it was the first of many shocks that led me out of TSCC.

Posted by: reinventinggrace ( )
Date: June 29, 2011 06:25PM

dirtbikr wrote

"If there is a good place for us in the 'IF' afterlife, Mark will be the first hand I want to shake and thank."

Mark is alive and well, no need to wait until a hypothetical afterlife. Pen the man a letter and post it to
14425 Bitterbrush Lane, Draper, Utah 84020

RG

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.