Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anona ( )
Date: July 05, 2011 11:56AM

I never drank the kool aid after the temple scare (way pre 90) but the spouse has a pinkish hue after so many years of absorption of the liquid.
Just curious if after I'm gone can they absolve the whole deal with a letter from the red chairs?
The term unequally yoked was often used to describe the
situation .
I know its all fubar thinking but just curious all the same.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 05, 2011 12:21PM

LDS Inc is very reluctant to cancel a sealing. You could be sealed to a serial killer and they wouldn't cancel it just based on your demand.

As far as I know (feel free to correct if you have better info) the only way they will cancel a sealing, outside of some form of outright fraud in the marriage, is when a woman wants to be sealed to another man in a temple marriage.

I think that a man being remarried in the temple now needs First Presidency permission to stay sealed to his previous wife. It used to be that men could be sealed to multiple women "for all eternity" just as a matter of course, as long as they were married "for time" to just one woman at a time.

So I guess if your spouse remarries after you are gone, it is possible your sealing with be cancelled, but I'd be very surprised. If you are a woman, once they have decided that there is a Mormon man going to drag you into the CK whether you like it or not, they are loath to let you off the hook.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2011 12:23PM by Brother Of Jerry.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: July 05, 2011 12:42PM

in the CK for breeding purposes at least. He knows you'll be more compliant once you die and see it's all for real. It's not like Heavenly Mothers have any voice to complain about anything.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.