Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jake's sister going dark ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 12:57AM

Guess it wasn't an idle threat on the bishops part. My friend said she heard about it. You know the chinese fire drill gossip chain. Members were not suppose to use dh's vet clinic. I think he made a huge mistake. He also made it before the sp talked with him. We are certainly not going anywhere and our attorney has been notified to begin the law suit. My friend emailed me a copy of what had been sent out. This bishop is stupid among other things. Phone has been ringing with outraged members letting him know that their little Fluffy is coming to his clinic period. I'm sure a few might drive the 30 miles to the next vet, their problem not mine.

So I decided to drive to my college today and pick up some books. I spent some time reading one of them today. Not so hard, actually interesting and easy. Figure this will get my mind ready for school. There's also an online class which is new to me but sounds good. Now that might give this night owl a reason to stay up at night.

I ran into a rs from awhile back. She is out with her family and of course she heard I'm not going now. We talked a bit and I asked if she and her family would like to come tomorrow for a cook out, she has 3 kids also. Told her around 2 and bring your suits the pool is open and warm. They're coming! I don't usually do things like that. She smiled and said on a Sunday. We'd loved to come. Guess cooking out and swimming are better on a Sunday. Hell anything is better than wasting 3 hours wiggling on a chair.

My father was speechless at what the bishop said and my Mom actually said..Damn. I have never heard that word come out of her mouth. Mine yes, hers never. Told her that there's a chance we will move back to Midwest due to what's going on. She was not happy. Now we'll see what see does. This should give a cause to work on besides us kids. Mom's don't like to see their kids get a bad deal.

I do refuse to participate in their mind numbing games. Tomorrow will be beautiful and I'll be sleeping late and then having company. I'll be wearing that new suit with very little material and serving pina coladas and whatever else anyone may want..like cold pop and iced tea.

Back to my textbook.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AlmostFell ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 01:05AM

So, this bishop actually sent an email to the ward telling them not to use your husband's services? He left a paper trail he can't deny? Brilliant. I hope that you've provided a copy to your attorney and that you've forwarded a copy to the SP. I wonder how long until that bishop is released.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 03:01AM

AlmostFell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, this bishop actually sent an email to the ward telling them not to use your husband's services? He left a paper trail he can't deny? Brilliant. I hope that you've provided a copy to your attorney and that you've forwarded a copy to the SP. I wonder how long until that bishop is released.

She said she has a copy of the e-mail.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 01:14AM

Wow, how stupid. Nice to hear the flock for the most part isn't buying it. Nobody gets to tell me who I take my dogs to. Wow!

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 03:02AM

Posted by: jake's sister going dark ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 01:23AM

Yep a copy went to the sp. The bishop should be cleaning toilets soon. I'll send over a leaky bucket to him. Our attorney said this one should be settled out of court, they won't want the publicity. I hope they lots of extra money just sitting around. My husband is really mad and will ask for big bucks.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 01:42AM

I can't believe the bishop was so stupid as to put that in an email. Wow. Your lawyer is going to chew him up and eat him for lunch.

Enjoy your day tomorrow! A pool party sounds like fun.

Date: July 10, 2011 01:50AM

Could you post a copy of the email? I'd love to see it.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 03:31AM

Yes! Yes! Yes!

That is the best thing ever! Bishop Flako left a paper trail!!
When spoken, it is slander, when written it is libel.

and the Pool Party is the very best of all!
Do something wonderful off your regular routine and you'll have a wonderful time!!

Takes your mind into a different track and reassures your spirit that you have a real life.

And look what the members did!!!!
(Like I posted earlier)
The members do NOT like being told what to do in their personal life if it hurts someone they like... and they like their vet!!!! Hoorah!

(Go mail yourself a congratulations card!)

Posted by: unbeliever42 ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 04:47AM

Oh, my. Shall I order in a few tons of popcorn? This should be REALLY fun to watch.

Posted by: duffy ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 09:48AM

What an idiot your bishop must be!

I'm so pleased that your mom is getting to the see the priesthood in action. This guy will claim that God gave him the wisdom and right to act this way. Maybe this will help get your mom out too. Somebody ought to get something good from this.

Hang tough, you are really seeing a show of desperation.

Date: July 10, 2011 09:56AM

I thought of that too. Maybe Mom will come around

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 10:02AM

Have a wonderful cookout! I hope you make a new best friend.

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 10:17AM

Have fun today!

Susan

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 01:37PM

I love hearing about all this stuff. Your bishop sure has a hell of a lot of bats in his belfry. I hope he gets his just deserts, bwaaaa haaa haa.

Please keep us updated.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 02:07PM

It is my opinion that the bishop is a
1. Sanctimonious
2. Hypocrtical
3. Bigot

Posted by: Stormy ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 09:11PM

Sil called...sp due to come over.

stormy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2011 09:18PM by stormy.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 09:32PM

Damage control alert!

I wonder where the SP's "power of discernment" is now. I wonder where it was when he called this a-hat to the Bishopric?

I would say nothing. I would only ask one question. "Where was the lord in this calling Chuck?" Chuck being the SP's real name. No more pretending now huh! Then walk him to the door.

Wow, just Wow!

Posted by: birchtree ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 09:06AM

Posted by: Symboline ( )
Date: July 10, 2011 10:00PM

Oh my god. What a stupid man! I'm glad the members aren't falling for it!

Posted by: Comfortably Numb ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 10:06AM

Nothing bets a bishop into hot water like getting into legal trouble! The asshat deserved it for the shunning and libel.

Do keep us posted - this one should be bookmarked for all of us to follow!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 11:00AM

If U put the filing/cause # AND the court location & name up, the papers ('pleadings') might be avail online...

KEWL.

Too Bad it takes such hurt & stupidity to Wake Them UP!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 11:07AM

Are you the same 'Jakes Sister' that had the hissy fit over the bridesmaid dress and had to go into counselling for some kind of meltdown?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.