Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 02:17PM

I had to quit reading the whole Stormy/Jake/Jake's Sister thing a month or so ago as it appeared to me more and more that a single person was getting at us. All the grammar was too much the same, the same mistakes repeated across all three individuals, and Jake's grammar not looking like he had the advanced degree that he supposedly did. And the story was progressing too well. I mean, on the one hand it was poorly written, but on the other hand it was just dovetailing too much. And now Susan I/S's revelation that they're coming from the same IP address. Plus the explanation for the common IP address is that Jake's sister is posting from Stormy's cell phone; my, isn't that convenient? Now--at least in my own mind--there's no reason to even linger on one of the many Stormy-Jake posts any longer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sandie ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 02:19PM

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 02:23PM

Okay, let's do this. I'll be the husband, Cludgie can be my significant other and Sadie can be our bastard sister. GayLayAleJesus can be the MIL and Matt the FIL. Any six can rotate as our horses on the farm and RaptorJesus can be our Catholic priest.

How does that sound?

Ron

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 02:25PM

Wait, what character do I get to play?

Date: July 11, 2011 02:27PM

Uncle Ernie. ;)

Ron

Date: July 11, 2011 02:28PM

That might be quite a stretch for me, but somehow that seems appropriate. ; ' )

Date: July 11, 2011 02:29PM

Hey, it's the BIG SHOW! :)

Date: July 11, 2011 02:30PM

Big love?

Date: July 11, 2011 02:31PM

No, dammit! This ain't know knock-off reality TV!!! We're blazin' new trails here!

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 02:26PM

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 02:28PM

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 02:49PM

nah that aint RJ!!! :)

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 02:24PM

But it is disappointing if our collective chain was yanked.

I've known a few people that really get off on making up wild stories. We're not talking exaggerating here- Full on outrageous stories that make you think, "Why would someone make this up?" That's exactly what these yarn spinners expect.

It's also sad because I opened up quite a bit about my troubled past and stint in the looney bin to jake's sister. I thought by sharing those personal events in my life, it would make her feel better.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 02:33PM

Izpapolotl, please don't feel bad about opening up on this board. Your willingness to share your troubled past helps others to feel less shame and guilt about their own history. It also helps you--most important of all.

It really doesn't matter that the whole thing is a soap opera written by one person. So is Days of Our Lives. Just another lie from the most consistent liars in the world.

They proved that exmormons want to help people with multi-generational issues. That exmormons can be fooled (hello- of course we can, we were Mormons). There is nothing unusual about any of this, except maybe to them.

Perhaps the authors were looking for a response from people under the control of Satan. Instead, they found caring, gullible people just like in their ward.

Anagrammy

Date: July 11, 2011 02:50PM

damnit...... why would anyone do that??? inquiring minds wanna know!!!

Date: July 11, 2011 02:59PM

what say yee stormy??? come out come out wherever you are!! allee allee incomefree!!

Date: July 11, 2011 03:10PM

Actually, bignevermo, it's a wonderful test of critical thinking skills. Most of us suffer from delayed maturation of these skills, even after we leave the church. We just don't have the habit of suspending belief, even for a moment.

Other people, I've noticed, aren't that way. I see that nevermos will listen to a story, an infomercial, a pitch, a news report and suspend belief until they've heard the whole thing, and maybe even given it some thought. My tendency is to think, "Great! I need a device that will do exactly that!" Of course, I accept myself and love myself with this tendency.

Another poster mentioned his critical thinking process by which he recognized the stormy series as a spoof. There are 1500 or so posts a day here at RfM. Families going through the same experience of questining/leaving Mormonism. Have you ever seen one member post openly in great detail, followed by another identifying themselves with the initial poster, followed by another family member who has also in a very short space of time displayed and then abandoned LDS standards, joining two other family members posting great details about their lives?

Why not?

Because it is not normal for several family members to air private family issues on a public forum. They can meet for coffee, skype, email, facebook and interact WITH EACH OTHER. And that's the biggest red flag of all. That tells you it's being presented for entertainment.

See--this family has each other to support an exodus from Mormonism. They do not need us, except as audience. And we now discover that they are all one IP address.

Case closed as far as I'm concerned.

Anagrammy

Date: July 11, 2011 02:26PM

And to think I got yelled at for suggesting stormy's sis in law dub herself after chocolate covered raisins. I feel TOTALLY vindicated! ;)

Ron

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 02:39PM

story, then that confirms that it's all one person, or several people using the same computer from the same location.

Well, if all this comes to a screeching halt, we know we were the subjects of a Tall Tale. :-)

Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 02:40PM

The spelling/grammar stuff just because Jake is a doctor doesn't convince me alone. In hs/college I worked as a secretary for a medical office and I can tell you that every single doctor there could not spell worth sh*t. Brilliant, yes, but very left brained and any right-brain activity (including writing, spelling, etc) was a mangled mess.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 02:47PM

I work with MDs who seem to be barely able to speak basic English yet they are brilliant clinicians and renowned professors, etc. Their spoken grammar, at least when dictating patient reports, can be appalling. Some days I feel like the entirety of the English-speaking world has completely altered grammar rules relating to subject/verb agreement and singular/plural renditions of common phrases and they just didn't send me the memo.

I respect their knowledge of their subject, their devotion to their chosen field, their compassion for their patients, their inquiring minds and assorted skills but their English I sigh over, criticize, and correct every single day.

This doesn't mean my language skills are perfect, especially in regard to punctuation, but at least I still know that "the x-rays is negative" clangs. That the x-rays, however, ARE normal, is good news indeed. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 02:51PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: cl2 (not logged in) ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 03:00PM

I've been a medical transcriptionist for 25 years and if the regular public heard many of the doctors dictate they'd stop going to the doctor. You can't judge a doctor's grammar or spelling by his medical abilities.

Date: July 11, 2011 02:41PM

It makes sense if the IP is the same for stormy and Jake as they live together, right?

It's also possible that Jake's sister did borrow a cell phone and apparently that would be the same IP as the other two have.

I didn't read much of the saga as I just didn't have the time at the beginning and as it went on, I felt I had missed too much of the story to catch up.

One of the worst things someone can do in a 'recovery' forum is yank our chains, manipulate our emotions, betray our trust, but it can be devastating to accuse someone undeservedly.

Stormy said that her SIL has given the cell phone back and won't post here any more. That's not necessary if they're on the up-and-up. If so, they should all keep posting. Of course, they may not feel like it if it's decided, rightly or wrongly, that it's been a fable all along.

This is a good example, though, if it turns out to have been a chain-yank, over a good long period of time, of why many posters here are so wary of anything that sounds or seems 'trollish', why many don't open up, trust, disclose, interact freely, and why Admin has rules and procedures that often draw criticism from those who aren't aware of this kind of scenario playing out here through the years.

If Jake/stormy/sil are 'true', I hope they can clear things up and can get past this gigantic query that has cropped up.

If not, well, I'm thinking plagues, as in seagulls, crickets, locusts even. Something suitably biblical.

Either way, I'm going to keep on criticizing the Catholic Church. Turnabout is fair play, as they say. It's not only Mormonism that deserves to find itself in our sights.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 03:00PM

Nightingale Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Either way, I'm going to keep on criticizing the
> Catholic Church. Turnabout is fair play, as they
> say. It's not only Mormonism that deserves to find
> itself in our sights.

Remembering, of course, that this is a board for the recovery from the damage caused by Mormonism on people EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT MORMONS, BUT HAVE BEEN DAMAGED BY MORMONISM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 03:00PM by matt.

Date: July 11, 2011 02:47PM

Here's a significant post in my eyes. I have never met or heard of an exmo who would say something like this:

FROM STORMY

Re: did you ever feel the "holy ghost/spirit"?

Tongue in cheek..I'll say because the Holy Spirit is part of the Trinity. The Trinity is Christian...while the LDS church isn't...no wonder the Holy Spirit spends his time in the Catholic Church talking to Catholics. Especially tomorrow, it's Pentecost Sunday, the beginning of the Church. Bet he's there in full force.

Anyway it's been my experience that you have to listen for him, He doesn't burn you but speaks softly. Anyway he told me that he has no love for Joseph Smith and well, I won't mention what he said about BY...VBG!!!

Praying for the feeling doesn't get the job done, you have to listen.

stormy

Date: July 11, 2011 02:50PM

I remember the post you've quoted. To me it fits with a nevermo, which is what stormy has said she is, as far as I've understood it. I have read quite a few of her posts about religion in general and especially re the Catholic Church, as that is one of the topics I'm greatly interested in. I recall that one of their problems from the get-go was because a guy from a TBM was marrying outside the faith, and a Catholic to boot. To a lot of Mormons, that's a double tragedy it would seem.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 02:56PM

They are doctors, not grammarians. ;o))

If anyone has a concern over a poster, take it up with admin. It's safer that way.

A good few years ago someone had several new holes ripped in them by fellow exmos, as they were ***CERTAIN*** that the story they were telling was full of crap and a TBM troll lie.

Only it wasn't, because as bizarre and ridiculous as their story looked, it was 100% true. And the attacks did that exmo a good deal of damage.

You don't believe someone's story? OK, then don't believe them. Just don't make a new exmo musical out of the fucking thing.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 03:02PM

And that is EXACTLY what someone did. Hit the report button then contacted me in mail. (The report button does NOT give me your email addys to contact you BTW)

The biggest issue here is that Stormy LIED about this. Then continued to lie trying to cover it up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 03:05PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: seeker 1 ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 03:03PM

Posted by: AquaLeo ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 03:06PM

I asked someone a LONG time ago if it was the same person. They all had the same writing style. Same short choppy sentences, verb usage, etc.
I am a dumbass and there is no way that I could have been the only one to notice it.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 03:10PM

Matt. I reported it too before I said anything on line. I hope this story is true but I am suspicious.The doctor and poor grammar was one red flag but not the only one.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: July 11, 2011 03:11PM

My friend said the whole "stormy" thing was obviously contrived and written by one person, and she was surprised nobody had called stormy on it. I haven't read any of the stormy posts. They are too long and drama-filled, so I had no idea. So, it's not like all of RfM has been hoodwinked. Maybe a lot of ex-Mormons are used to living peacefully with a fraud.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.