Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mormonista ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 06:25PM

As a child of god I was taught that the conquering of our nation was Manifest Destiny and that the way it was "conquered" was baptism by blood and was to make the lamanites ready for conversion.This would make murder part of gods plan.

I was also taught that the USA was the promised land set aside for the reintroduction of the one and only true church in a country that had Liberty and freedom of religion.

I was also taught that there was a war in heaven in which we ,the faithful, won the right to have freedom of choice(agency) on this earth. The freedom to choose right from wrong, Left from right, Burgers or Pizza.

Some of you are asking what does this have to do with politics?

Everyone of these is a political event, and none of them fit with each other.They don't support each other and they don't justify each other.

I saw that in order for the church to be true, that agency had to be the number one effort for the church. I saw the church as an organization that denied agency through the use of guilt and passive aggressive manipulation. I saw an organization that only taught one way of worship, and that was the only right way. I saw a church that was set up to deny agency.

How can a Church that supposedly values agency be so restrictive in their policies?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.