Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Inactivemom ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 07:20PM

I chocked, didn't know what to say. My husband is TBM, and I am not very active at all. They didn't know we were members. They were so awkward. I barely opened the door. I made them stand there and stumble through the first part of their speech, before I mentioned we were members. Then the conversation went like this
Miss: Have we met?
Jen: No
Miss: Do you know your neighbors?
Jen: No, haven't lived here too long. I have to go, my kids need me right now.
I felt bad for them. I noticed they went across the street to a park to get a drink and use the bathroom. I should've at least offered them a drink. I always offer drinks to door to door people. Oh well. For some reason though I got alot of joy out of making them feel real uncomfortable. I guess members are usually a little more friendly than that.
I am wondering if I should've mentioned I think their church is crazy, but then I really didn't want to get into all that with them. I prefer to let everyone believe as they will, and hope people do the same for me. I think religion is way too personal to talk to strangers about, it's like asking to see someone's underwear drawer, oh wait, I am pretty sure they think that's okay.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 07:28PM

If ya take that Drink, Mister... sooner or later ya gotta go PEE; then, you'll have to high-tail it for a library, gas station, or ?

Out in the 'burbs, ... designers often didn't have missionaries bladder needs in mind...

catch my drift there pardner?

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 08:54PM

funny about the undies....well, you owe them nothing. Remember you did not ask for the visit and you are inactive....next time don't worry afterwards if you were rude. You weren't.

Posted by: mkay ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 09:50PM

I refuse to answer the door when the mishies just drop in. I know it's rude, but they didn't make an appointment and there is no law saying that I have to answer my door.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: July 16, 2011 10:16PM

"I refuse to answer the door when the mishies just drop in. I know it's rude"

No, it's not.

People who have the assumption that their religious beliefs are better than yours and then knock on the door of your private residence with the intention of shoving those beliefs down your throat is what is rude.

Refusing to open the door is perfectly acceptable and a healthy assertive response to rudeness.

IMO.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.