Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: July 21, 2011 11:28AM

http://lds.org/ensign/2011/07/brother-im-committed?lang=eng

I told my DW that this article inspired me to just come out as an exmormon instead of going down the NOM route... I have to commit afterall, right?

DW: "Maybe having your read the Ensign isn't such a great idea after all"

She has a good sense of humor ;)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: July 21, 2011 11:48AM

Reminds me of the breakfast quip.

With breakfast, the chicken is involved but the pig is committed. :)

Ron

Posted by: anon7 ( )
Date: July 21, 2011 12:08PM

Notice how this article does not mention commitments made to your spouse. The LDS church really doesn't support marriage commitments because "covenants" to the Lord supersede everything else. A spouse is a mere nuisance if he/she gets in the way of your "covenant". The great lie about this church is that it is family friendly.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: July 21, 2011 12:33PM

This is why it is essential that you be married in a civil ceremony before getting sealed in the temple.

Posted by: mcarp ( )
Date: July 21, 2011 08:04PM

My HTers gave me this bullshit on Tuesday. All I could think about is that if those two boys were on a scout outing there were violating the Guide to Safe Scouting rules, which forbid jumping off surfaces higher than your height and require that you check the safety of the landing area by doing a swimming check before jumping.

I wanted to say, "Well, if that kid had hit his head on a rock and died, then what would the lesson be?"

Just because you commit to something doesn't make that something right.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: July 21, 2011 08:17PM

The church doesn't like people to take their time and think things over. You know how the missionaries rush people to make the baptism decision. You never hear them say to think it over, research on the internet, get all the facts, sleep on it and make your decision. Nope.

The truth is that there is nothing wrong with uncertainty. It is better than making the wrong decision, as we all know. Many people join Mormonism because they like the certainty. "These clean cut young men really seem to know their Bible!" or worse yet, "This is the kind of church Jesus would be the head of--so well-organized."

Not at all. Jesus was hanging out in bars, standing up for adulterers. I'd love to see him in a Court of Love arranging little sacrament cups to spell out the sins of the "judges in Zion".

Religion attempts to provide you with someone else's certainty so they can lighten your wallet. Truth is, no one knows, but some people can share ways to find out. For free.

Anagrammy

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 21, 2011 08:19PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.