Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon for obvious reasons ( )
Date: July 26, 2011 02:49AM

Ahhhhhhhhhh! I want to scream so bad. My wife just went through the temple for the first time and since she started wearing garments her libido has disappeared.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: July 26, 2011 02:52AM

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: July 26, 2011 03:00AM

Have you been treating her differently because of it? Have the garments already been an issue between you (i.e. does she suspect that you dislike them)? Do you have other stressors in your marriage (stress and tension about the church beyond just her wearing garments)?

Garments made me feel very unattractive. I imagine that if I knew my husband found them to be horrendous, I would have been even more miserable in them and probably somewhat ashamed, and definitely not in-the-mood.

If your relationship is basically good, other than religion (which is a big enough issue), maybe it would be good to make a special effort to let her know that you love her, care about her, find her attractive, and want to win her sexual interest?

Posted by: formerlyfrumpy ( )
Date: July 26, 2011 03:04AM

It sucks being a woman in this regard. Most women have to FEEL sexy to want sex. And what's more sexy than garments? Long johns would be an improvement.

See if she'll make a compromise - cute panties and a bra, no garments, in the evenings. If she feels too guilty about shucking the Gs scale it back to just the weekends or a few nights per week.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.