Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jenlyn ( )
Date: July 27, 2011 03:33PM

Neither of them are Mormon, nor have they been (I was a convert for 8 years). But this reminds me of a Mormon scenario...kind of.

My brother and her are both athiests, but for whatever reason they feel the need to get married. They've been dating...get this....2 effing weeks. WTF! It's not like they can't try living together first. I feel like I might as well be dealing with a Mormon, they are so bound and determine to get married and they are both broke as a joke...I don't understand this. My husband and I were together a year and a half before we got married, and I felt like we rushed lol.

At this point I realize there is not much I can say that will change his mind, fortunately I'm deployed so they're waiting until I get home in October to get hitched. At this point I'm thinking of asking for an extension!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: July 27, 2011 03:38PM

2 WEEKS??? IT DOES SOUND MORMONY!!
wonder why the rush??? does he say? hormones are RAGING right now for them...... fools rush in!! broke as a joke? I love that line!! been there dont like that!! try and see whats in his head about this.... good luck!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2011 03:38PM by bignevermo.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: July 27, 2011 03:40PM

Dudette!!! Stay out of it. He's 24, right?

"Never a borrower nor lender be (to family), and mind your own bee's wax (with family)." ;)

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: bigred ( )
Date: July 27, 2011 03:41PM

Relax, if they've only been dating for two weeks and are waiting for you to return before they do the deed, chances are they'll come to their senses and call it off. If not, at least they'll know each other a bit better. The longer they are with each other, the more relaxed they'll get and their true colors will show. They are on their best behavior with each other right now.

Posted by: beulahland ( )
Date: July 27, 2011 03:47PM

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much. Remember that no matter how bad of an idea you think it is, you'll never do anything but distance your brother if you tell him that. And that's why the board is here. So we can vent all our frustrations about how stupid the people we love are, and then feel better when we actually interact with them.

Good luck. October might be far enough off for them to come to their senses.

Date: July 27, 2011 03:55PM

pssstt.... maybe she's hotter'n a firecrack and rich! :)

Ron

Date: July 27, 2011 03:55PM

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: July 27, 2011 04:03PM

Firecrack...that's sounds contagious. I'd stay the hell away from her.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.