Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: August 04, 2011 12:41PM

I love this board for many reasons, but one of the main ones is that I get turned on to good books and music here. I write book and music reviews on Epinions, so I'm always on the lookout for new stuff. I write the reviews and sometimes make money on them if my review helps someone make a buying decision.

Well, back in January 2010, I wrote a review of Anthony Delano's book, "Joyce McKinney and the Manacled Mormon". I heard about the case here on RfM and someone eventually posted a news article about it that referenced the book, which was originally written in 1978.

My review of "Joyce McKinney and The Manacled Mormon" usually gets pretty good hits and, until this month, had made about $20 on Epinions over the course of about 18 months. But then Joyce McKinney's story was turned into a documentary called "Tabloid" which, I guess, came out in July. Suddenly, my hits on Delano's book skyrocketed and I ended up making over $54 on it in just ONE month!

That has never happened on ANY of my reviews, and I have 1480 of them! I will say, however, that true crime and books on Mormonism (or anti-Mormonism) tend to do pretty well. And when you combine true crime and Mormonism, look out!

So thank you, RfMers. Keep those book and music suggestions coming!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2011 12:42PM by knotheadusc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: August 04, 2011 12:48PM

Kegger at Knothead's!!

I got dibs on the recliner.

Ron

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: August 04, 2011 12:49PM

I wish I owned a recliner!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.