Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: fannie alger ( )
Date: August 10, 2011 01:49PM

if so how much? is there a way to find out? isn't he the humble servant of the lord president of like 20 other companies owned by LDS,Inc?

is there a way to find out via IRS how much money do the other church affiliates make?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 02:51PM

I'm topping this in case someone knows. I also wonder if his modest living allowance given by the Church is taxable. Or if any of the perks he gets are taxable.

All that pertains to church and money interests me, why? Because I gave them lots of mine!

Thanks,
D

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 02:54PM

needs more to do it, I'm sure he gives himself more. But nobody is talking at the COB.

The IRS frowns on leaking personal data.

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 02:55PM

Monson collects director's fees from the myriad corporations where he is a board member. No way to avoid taxation on that. I have no clue on the rest.

Ron

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 03:18PM

in the U.S. (+ some other countries), there has long been a history of clergy being housed on church property; some churches still provide this, but it seems to be fading. 'Parsonages' are being re-purposed to other uses, including auxillary uses, sometimes community causes, etc.

Catholic tradition: (before telephones) It was handy to know where a Priest was handy for hospital, accident, & 'dying bed'calls.

In the U.S. tax code, there's a credit given to clergy when they live 'off campus'. It's kind of arcane, because property taxes are LOCAL taxes, uses for police & fire, schools, etc.
Why the feds got involved... Who Knows?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2011 03:22PM by guynoirprivateeye.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.