Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wellsville ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 08:13PM

they are more hypocritical and not living the Gospel as MOs go around claiming. I observe lots of MOs and when I am around them, my criteria to detect how phony they are is by length of their grace or goofy prayer.

Wanted y'all thoughts on this

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: snb ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 08:21PM

I think it would be very hard to show any correlation between length of prayer and being phony. Almost impossible. I also think it will be very difficult for you to come up with a good enough definition of phony to make a study like this scientifically valid.

Good luck with your study though!

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 08:41PM

I consider a blessing on the food an inconsequential prayer. Not like when you're pleading for someone's life to be saved where your soul is in such pain that you pour out every plea and reason you can think of to persuade God to intervene. People who have a long-winded pattern of prayer for something as inconsequential as praying over food strike me as being on automatic pilot.

Inconsequential long-winded prayers strike me as having more to do with anxiety than hypocrisy.

Posted by: Lost ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 09:04PM

Look no further than the prayers given during General Conference as a prime example.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.