Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Grey ( )
Date: August 11, 2011 09:01PM

Maybe choosing to consider oneself a victim is pathalogical. I have no idea. All I know is that I have no interest in looking for sympathy or empathy. That doesn't make me better or worse than somebody who chooses the path of victimhood, with all of the problems that brings.

Perhaps another reason I have little interest in talking about my particular set of problems - and I learned this one in business many years ago - is that virtually nobpdy likes a victim. A victim tends to be seen as a loser.

I mentioned what I mentioned to you to help you understand there are plenty of others with problems. If I want sympathy from others for say being diabetic, then I'd jion a diabetic online group or association or something. RfM can't help much. And after talking to the associations counselor or whoever, ay some point, I'd have to manage my own problem.

At some point in your life, you need to make progress. As long as you're stuck in sympathy seeking mode, or are seeking validation from anyone olther than yourself, your situation is going to be slightly pathetic.

All of this sounds cruel, I know, but I actually feel some sadness for you.

My remarks were for you only. I didn't give a shit about how they were percieved by anybody else. It looks like my approach was bloody useless. For that, I'm sorry.

I sincerely hope that at some stage in your life, you can make it past the victim, anger or whatever phase you're in. Go to a trained counselor - If you've tried one, try another one - and ask for professional help.

I hope your burden eases in time.

Kind regards

Grey

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.