Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Michaelm ( )
Date: August 12, 2011 07:22AM

Anyone see similarities with those who leave the LDS?

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705389029/FLDS-havent-lost-faith-in-Warren-Jeffs-even-though-they-likely-will-never-see-him-again.html?pg=1

"But former members of the Fundamentalist LDS Church say Jeffs' followers still revere him and are not likely to give up on his leadership of the faith. Those who have left the sect also expect no big change in leadership, doctrine or policy."

"followers have been so indoctrinated in the faith that most will likely remain faithful"

"Tuesday's life sentence for Jeffs may start a process of "deep soul searching" for some church members."

"I think they may get frustrated and then there's a long grieving process that you have to go through before you can come to the reconstructive state," Willie Jessop said. "That's a long ways down from where we are today."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 12, 2011 09:42AM

I wonder what the cops thought of the garments when they were booking him. If I know my old-style garments, they have gi-normous marks that are sewn like open buttonholes and stitched together at the place they converge. They they are additionally reinforced with a large square of cloth in the back. You can see someone in these from a half mile away, even if they're wearing bib overalls.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.