Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Gotta get a new one ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 10:46PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fearguiltpromise ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 10:57PM

I wonder who the boy is, or more accurately, who is his father?
Was the bishop trying to protect a reputation by advising the girl to not tell the cops?

The church will spin this off their doorstep faster than poop through a goose. They won't give him an attorney, they'll say he was not acting in accordance to the CHI.

Posted by: Friend of a Mo ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 11:06PM

I have a feeling this guy is going to get a rude awakening when TSCC throws him under the bus.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 11:15PM

Way to care, Bishop!

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 11:23PM

Brock all over again. Shameful. Not at all surprised though. I bet way more of this happens that never sees the light of day.

Just one more reason that my children will never have to answer or trust LDS leadership in any way. Bastards.

Posted by: Lost ( )
Date: August 23, 2011 11:33PM

Unbelievable. This clown Moon is not only a Bishop, but he works for the School Board!

He should know the law about reporting this to the authorities. I hope they throw the book at his sorry ass.

I think we are going to see more and more of these kinds of cases.

The church needs to take child molestation issues more seriously, otherwise they are going to have a lot of church leaders doing time.

I agree, the church will drop this guy in a NY mintue.

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 02:27AM

The girl did the right thing to talk to her parents. That's probably what she should have done in the first place. I'm not blaming her. But her parents and the church in general are probably to blame for teaching her that the first person she should talk to is some clown who volunteers as a bishop (essentially an unpaid, part-time pastor) in his spare time. Maybe her parents will have learned not to put so much trust in their Church.

If the guy had some dark, ulterior motive, he should really be taken to task for it. But I suspect that he was just your typical overworked, under-energized bishop who didn't take the time to really think about what was going on and was probably juggling half a dozen different little crises at the same time.

Hopefully, this will be a wake-up call for him and he'll resign if he's not otherwised released. He seems to be plainly over his head in that "calling." The whole system sucks and nobody should think of Mormon bishops as being the most appropriate person to bring those kinds of issues to. The Church is at fault for promoting the idea that they are. (The article is pretty vague about what actually happened, so I'm not in a position to evaluate what an appropriate sanction should be. The perp was also a teen and sexual assault can mean a wide range of things, including an unwanted kiss.)

Posted by: Emma's Flaming Sword ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 12:27AM

I hope this case is a wake up call for the church.

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 01:51AM

...I guess you get what you pay for.

They would probably be better off keeping their money at the local level and cutting off those useless clowns in the COB, who like to call themselves "The Brethren."

That way the local congregations could at least hire some qualified full-time people to lead the congregation and pretend to be their spiritual minister and may even be able to afford a decent screening process to help ensure that the person has a clean record and a history of sound judgment and common sense.

The last thing you need is an exhausted insurance salesman pretending to be a bishop in his spare time and trying to sweep problems under the rug so that he won't have to spend any more time on them than he absolutely has to.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: August 24, 2011 01:55AM

Unless he was seeking to protect the mission call of someone?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.