Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 29, 2011 05:57PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: August 29, 2011 06:17PM

Hmmmm, kolobians only make up around 1-2% of the US population, mostly concentrated in the west. Still, though, I remember my uncle leroy's neighbor's aunt's cousin twice-removed was talking to her friend whose nephew's best friend's girlfriend's step-brother was on a mission somewhere out east so I'm POSITIVE his garments protected him...

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: August 29, 2011 06:05PM

See, there IS no God! ;o)

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: August 29, 2011 07:44PM

Well, no unicorns were killed either. They must have the true church....so few mormons world wide that the likelyhood of one being killed matches the stastical probability of a unicorn being killed.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: August 29, 2011 11:38PM

Yes, every time there is a disaster, a TBM in my life will say,"No missionaries were harmed," or "No mormons died," and then they'll add, "I just find that very interesting."

Ya, it's just riveting... : P

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: August 30, 2011 12:05AM

I doubt anyone from Westboro Baptist Cult was killed either. Does that make them twoo?

Susan

Posted by: teewan ( )
Date: August 30, 2011 05:02AM

I just took a count at the local FLDS ward yesterday. It seems none of them were killed either. I will be talking with Warren this week to see if I can join!

Posted by: Tyson Dunn ( )
Date: August 30, 2011 03:20AM

There are per the Church, 603,908 Mormons in the following 15 states which were either directly hit or which have attributable deaths: FL, SC, NC, VA, DC, MD, DE, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH

Those states have a 2010 population of 105,534,461. So the proportion of Mormons in those states is 0.57%. As there have been 46 reported deaths, that works out to an expected value of 0.26 Mormons, which is effectively no one.

I'll revise this number later when the state-by-state figures are finalized to get a more accurate likelihood of the victims being LDS, but for now, it's negligible.

Tyson

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2011 03:21AM by Tyson Dunn.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: August 30, 2011 05:00AM

No Mormons were killed at Carthage, Illinois -- See, the Church must be true!

Posted by: beulahland ( )
Date: August 30, 2011 05:21AM

No shakers have been killed by earthquakes or hurricanes in ages. I'm gonna go join their church.

Also, piss off to all the TBMs and nutjobs of every religious sect that think god is somehow protecting them from harm while ignoring everyone else. And then when your people do get hurt it's because "God needed them in heaven." I could tear a hamstring doing these sorts of mental gymnastics.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.