Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: August 31, 2011 05:00PM

I recently spent some time with a literal “boat load” of TBMs on Lake Powell. I didn't see any garments on any of the endowed folks all week long. They may have slept in them, but they certainly weren't wearing them during the very hot days.

It's probably pretty easy to justify this though. After all, swimming is one of the officially sanctioned excuses for not wearing them and we were in the water quite a bit. I wonder if deep down these folks look forward to this annual trip in part because they get to ditch the Jesus Jammies for at least a while.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 31, 2011 05:30PM

just how "Official" is that list?

aren't the GAs hesitant to give ANYTHING their 'official' stamp of approval?

back in the day... I had comps who taught to bathe 1/2 and 1/2, so to always keep some contact; as mishs, we didnt talk abt (gasp) SEX or whether not Gs were on or off....

Didn't Peterson say he Never saw his wife nakey?

Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: August 31, 2011 06:20PM

I've done all kinds of searches on the Mormon.org site. I finally found a reference to garments but it was in the middle of a "please don't mock us" kind of a piece here:

http://newsroom.lds.org/article/balancing-interest-and-good-taste

Anybody have a better link?

Posted by: menemni ( )
Date: August 31, 2011 06:01PM

that the ladies of some Pasadena (or San Marino) ward would spend their days in their workout clothes (or tennis clothes), just so they wouldn't have to wear their garments.

Ladies, I salute you! ^_^

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: August 31, 2011 06:10PM

We had a timeshare at Lake Powell when I was growing up. All of the adults were TBMs and I don't remember them wearing the garments much at all. They just wore swimsuits or swimsuit cover-ups. I am sure they felt like they had to put them back on at night though.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: August 31, 2011 06:12PM

Oh, sorry! Of course! They were wearing swimming trunks! ;o))

Posted by: SpongeBob SquareGarments ( )
Date: August 31, 2011 06:21PM

one of my good friends use to work out in the morning and used that as his excuse for not wearing garments all day. Any excuse is a good excuse.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 31, 2011 06:30PM

nailed it!

besides.... Swinsuits are YUCCKY!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2011 06:30PM by guynoirprivateeye.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: August 31, 2011 06:38PM

Oh yeah my TBM neighbor always goes shirtless when he is doing his yardwork. He tends to hang out like that quite a bit, even after the work is done. Aren't they supposed to wear garmies even while doing yardwork?

Posted by: my2cents ( )
Date: August 31, 2011 06:38PM

G's and Lake Powell do not mix. Even my very TBM ex-wife would give up the g's while on the lake, either camping or in a houseboat. She always had a swimsuit on, and maybe a cover-up when not in the water, so G's were quite impracticle.

One afternoon, she and I swam out to a small island away from our camp and she tossed the suit and went skinny dipping and sunbathed nude on the side of the island away from sight of our kids. But, she was now sunbathing on the side where all the boats passed by. Most were going by full throttle out in the channel. She was fine until one boat went by, then turned and came back for a closer look. She didn't seem to notice until it was about 30 feet away. Boy, did she jump in the water quick!! And that ruined the skinny dipping for the rest of the trip. Sigh... She could certainly be in a different mindset while away on vacation. I think that there are many TBM's, men and women, who use a vacation as an excuse to get rid of the G's for a time.

We never went with other TBM folks to Powell, but we did vacation out of the country with some TBM friends. G's were seldom in evidence on while on vacation, especially outside of Utah. The wife of one couple we went with would show up with some very revealing cocktail dresses and other outfits and never wear G's during the trip.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: August 31, 2011 08:19PM

Garments were designed for cold-blooded puritans in the northeast. I can't imagine how stifling it must be for people in Cali and Ariz to wear the damn things.

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: August 31, 2011 10:29PM

I ran into some mormons from Utah in Tahiti years ago. They definitely weren't wearing garments and I think they were swingers. At least they all got pretty chummy in the pool one night.

It looks like the farther away from Utah the looser the TBMs get. Yet they still wanted everyone at the hotel to know they were mormons. Weird!

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: September 01, 2011 12:11AM

Of course garments don't mix with Lake Powell. Good for them and hurray that they used their common sense.

My TBM DD was showing me pics of their recent Hawaiian vacation, in several pics it was obvious she was not wearing garments.

I didn't comment, but said a silent hallelujah!

Hallelujah that even TBMs are using their common sense and making decisions that are best for themselves and the circumstances. Hallelujah as they slip through the ever tightening fists of TSCC leaders!

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: September 01, 2011 12:34AM

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: September 01, 2011 12:44AM

They protect you from sunburn and are a deterrant to unwanted sexual advances.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.