Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 09:14PM

From a bird's eye view kolobianism is very simple:

Elohim joined a MLM (god-making pyramid scheme) an undisclosed number of eons ago, and recruited us into it as well.

He is not the owner of the MLM, he's just another in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong line of salesmen who have set up shop, recruited intelligences, and sat back and watched his fortune of glory & dominion grow & grow & grow.

Now, he's not doing anything special. And he's certainly not doing anything charitable. His motives are purely selfish. He's making a profit off of us, just like any middle-management of a MLM would be.

So my question is: why are kolobians constantly gushing out all that love, praise, & worship? Do they do the same thing with their bosses at work?

What makes the boss of the MLM scheme of life any different than their boss at work? Sure, the boss gives them a job, but it's not like people are constantly going up to the boss all day and offering him/her gifts, praise, or worship. It's just a job.

And even if people felt really grateful to be a part of the MLM, Elohim is so low on the totem pole he doesn't even get to make executive decisions regarding the so-called "plan." He just does things as they are "done on other worlds."

So why do kolobians give him any attention at all? Shouldn't they be trying to find out who's above Elohim in the pyramid so they can try to get promoted above Elohim? Do they want to stay under him forever?

It doesn't make sense to me. (End of rant)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: americangirl406 ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 11:26PM

Great point! I've been the victim of some MLM schemes as well (I must be super gullible).

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: September 15, 2011 11:34PM

That's a good illustration of Mormon culture for males, Kolobian. You wondered why people don't look past Elohim to one of His superiors?

Don't forget the credo of the organization man: Kiss up, kick down.

Everyone in a higher rank than you is perfect and deserving of fawning attention. Those beneath you are screw ups.

Every TBM man is ready to kiss the butt flap of God's temple gees.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 02:01AM

"It doesn't make sense to me."

I believe you answered your own question. But you already knew that.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.