Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: September 16, 2011 06:59PM

Another thread talking about temples made me think of this:

Wouldn't it be awesome if people pooled money and put up billboards on streets leading to temples that have pictures of what's going on inside and made the temple seem like an amusement park?

(Have a picture of the prayer circle) "Come and pray with us!" 2 mi. ahead

(Have a picture of someone doing the throat-slitting) "Blood oaths...you're soaking in it!" 1 mi. ahead on right

(have a picture of the whole session bringing their hands down in the sign of the second token of the melchizedek priesthood) "Oh god, hear the words of my mouth" 500ft ahead on right. We validate.

(Have a picture of the the patriarchal grip) "Not sure which handshake will get you into heaven?" 1 mi ahead on left.

(have a picture of a massive star) "Don't you want to know what planet god lives on?" 500 ft ahead on left.

You get the picture. Don't you think it would be relatively cheap and effective? I want to see this in Mesa, AZ.

Edited to say: and each billboard could have a website that would expose everything kolobians really believe..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2011 07:00PM by kolobian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: September 17, 2011 02:03AM

Since the Mormon church refuses to tell its members what goes on in the temples before they are "worthy" to actually attend, and since most pre-temple Mormons (and proselytes) have absolutely NO idea what foolishness they will find therein, nor what oaths they will be required to make, I believe doing what you propose could be considered an invaluable public service! (I wish I had the funds to contribute to such a publicity campaign.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.