Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 12:07AM

When word hit Salt Lake that CBS was committed to tell the Mormon urders story as a four-hour mini-series, it is said that LDS President Gordon B. Hinckley called CBS founder and chief William S. Paley and asked, "How would you like some outsiders doing a vicious four hour attack on your Jews?"

Paley, who hadn't been Jewish for more than half a century, was taken aback enough to call Bill Self, running CBS programming, and suggest, "Would it bother you too much to kill this Mormon show?"

The "Mormon show," which had been ordered to production and funded, was now dead at CBS.

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/blog-post/mormon-murders-miniseries-lds-shut-down-31220?page=0,0

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 12:13AM

I think....given the appetite of the public for 'True Crime' situations... even if embellished for dramatic purposes...IF the right writer was on the job, an independent distributor could be located/engaged... Fox? showtime? Im not in that circuit, but I know it's there...

maybe even Michael Moore!

btw: I don't believe 'any' of those GBH but Hidden stories!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2011 12:14AM by guynoirprivateeye.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.