Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: notmo ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 01:03AM

over the weekend but not in a temple. Anyone know the details?

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/osmond-delighted-as-son-marries_1247008

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderborracho ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 01:12AM

I keep thinking, what the hell is wrong with this girl? So talented yet so F-ed up in the head. And the pictures I have of her, she is not wearing garmies that is for sure! As long is she is bringing in tithing to the morg no one cares!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 01:22AM

You have to wonder - was it the Mormonism that snarled up her life, or growing up a child star, or her personally, or her Mormon heritage inbreeding ancestors or is she pretty normal and the media finds and reports on the weird stuff because it makes a better story? I wish someone who knew her personally could give us the inside scoop but I do know, I wouldn't want to grow up in the spotlight like that and I certainly wouldn't trade for her life - it's been too many highs and too deep of lows.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 05:01AM

CA girl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You have to wonder - was it the Mormonism that
> snarled up her life, or growing up a child star,
> or her personally, or her Mormon heritage
> inbreeding ancestors or is she pretty normal and
> the media finds and reports on the weird stuff
> because it makes a better story?

She's a GIRL in a family of older, famous BOYS. Add to that the fact it's a MORMON family where GIRLS are taught that their happiness in life is to forgo a career and get married and pop out children and I think you can see problems inherent in the situation.

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 11:40AM

Marie has been through quite a bit in her life-- the pressures of fame, financial ruin, etc., but her self-esteem was practically doomed from the start.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 03:04AM

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 09:11AM

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 09:47AM

Ewwww that really looked like a fashion disaster (grimace).

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 10:22AM

and i was wearing a stars and stripes shorts and a purple shirt the other day....so if I think it is a fashion faux paus.... well it is REALLY bad!! :)

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 11:55AM

I was thinking the same thing. Hideous!

Posted by: meme ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 09:32AM

And I agree, Stay Mutt, that blouse and skirt need to be worn separate. Divorce the two.

A temple marriage and chapel reception would have been so affordable. Except for the fact that lots of tithing would have been paid in advance.

AnonyMs K

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 10:16AM

Marie can do no wrong in my eyes......I was not looking at the stupid clothes.....if you know what I mean...I love mentally ill women...I have married many....

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 10:22AM

Marie was molested while a teen by someone on the crew of their show. She was also taught she couldn't gain weight because of their show. Also imagine working your whole teen years and then finding out that all your investments were gone by mismanagement and you were left with more debts to work off and you couldn't sue or anything because that would make a stink because you were mormon and an example for the world. And i believe the perpetrators of that were also mormon.

A lot of junk to process during the teen years. I don't know if she ever got counselling to help her get over the stuff.

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 05:55PM

I worked there during her college years. Was it me? Damn! She was hot then. Too bad I can't remember. Anyway, wasn't she sealed to her first husband anyway? She would not need a second sealing unless she had a temple divorce and then I think there is no fanfare when they reinstate the ordinances anyway.

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 07:08PM

read her depression book, or the one donny wrote about his problems with social anxiety. This stuff is in there somewhere as i don't know them personally. :)

Date: September 27, 2011 01:10PM

So can some of you ladies please Google 'Claire Olds', look at the wedding photos on FB and tell me how one gets away with a neckline like that with garments. (not to mention the top is lined with flesh-colored fabric to make it look like there is nothing under the lace top.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Posted by: npangel ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 03:08PM

Even though he served a mission in England, does not mean he believes it. He probably does not buy the crap and does not pay tithing. He sure does not look clean cut at all. I know of a "faithful" LDS couple whose son is on a mission in Italy. He went at 20 "to get a break from it all". Truth is, he acts gay and probably didn't need the pressure at BYU. At 19, you serve missions, just to please Mom and Dad or to keep the money from drying up.

Posted by: Tara2 ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 03:16PM

I read on a family blog that they were to 'marry' at the Newport Beach Temple? Perhaps it was the ring ceremony at the hotel. There is a photo on the same blog which looks like it was taken in the grounds of a temple.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 03:21PM

for all the challenges that Marie has faced...

I think she's done O.K. ...

was she broke at one point (or close)? I didn't get that memo.

Hmmmm. What about Donny? what's he up to?

I was thinking... he might have been good to take over the CF/CP (or was it MD?) duties for Jerry Lewis/ Jerry's Kids. Oh Well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2011 03:23PM by guynoirprivateeye.

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: September 27, 2011 06:05PM

It was a big deal for the entire Osmond singers. Kinda boring. I don't think Jerry was there if I remember. One thing I do remember is that there were few breaks and I had to pee bad. Met one of the Older bros. at the urinal. He seemed like a nice person. I met Marie off stage one day. She was extremely friendly, big smile, and cute. She was really short and wearing high heels! Hard to spark up a conversation with that kind of person ie "what's your name?".

Posted by: Belle ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 04:52PM

Not that it mnatters much - but that photo in the leopard skirt may be doctored with Marie's face on someone else's body. See this photo of Patti Stanger -- Hollywood match maker -- in the same outfit.

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2011/03/patti_stanger_paired_leopard_p.html

Date: September 29, 2011 03:49PM

..probably taking fashion advice from some Hollywood stylist or fashion designer, or shopping in the same over-priced boutique ("if they sell it here it must be a great outfit"), instead of trusting their own fashion sense. On the other hand, given Marie's taste she probably DID think it was great!

notmo

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 10:06PM

It seems that at the bridal shower it was said they were getting married at the Neport Beach temple. I looked it up and there really is such a temple. I had no idea!

Here are the two links
http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/newportbeach/
http://onebadappledish.blogspot.com/2011/08/claires-shower.html

I know he was a witness in the temple at Marie's wedding in May.

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 10:09PM

Here's the photo on the temple grounds of the Newport Beach temple.

http://onebadappledish.blogspot.com/

Wonder when they will build the Malibu Beach temple?

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: September 28, 2011 10:17PM

with her own mind, own personality and own choices in life. But they got to her early and essentially turned her into a singing missionary for Mormonism. That became her public identity to millions of people. She never had a chance to just be Marie Osmond, singer and entertainer. She was always Marie Osmond, the Mormon singer and entertainer--come hear her bear her testimony and associate her talent with Mormonism.

There's probably a part of her that's always been aching to trashcan the insanity of Mormonism, but she has been pushed forward for so long as an "ambassador" of the Church that she can't ever allow herself to ever really question the beliefs that she publicly promoted to so many for so long.

I'm amazed that she's held it together as well as she has for as long as she has. Whatever problems she seems to be having (and I only know about the ups and downs that are reported on) seem to be classical symptoms of having lived a life full of cognitive dissonance and cult-inspired neuroses.

Date: September 29, 2011 04:10PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.