Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Kablam ( )
Date: September 29, 2011 06:42PM

A friend of mine is a professor at UVU. She wrote this on her facebook page and I wanted to share it here:

"Here's another teaching episode that you might find interesting. I had a very good student in Ethics and Values last fall. She got an "A" in the class. Her husband took the class the next semester, but didn't have time to come to class. He still turned in assignments, many referencing things we did in class. The papers sounded familiar. When I read "Especially as a woman, . . .," I completely realized that the man was turning in his wife's previous essays. I questioned him and he said he was too busy "doing church callings." I think he needed the ethics class, which he failed."

Apparently having a church calling is a legitimate reason to cheat at school.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2011 06:43PM by Kablam.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: September 29, 2011 06:48PM

Too busy doing church work!? Did he really expect that excuse to work? Dumbassery is right.

Posted by: rain ( )
Date: September 29, 2011 07:08PM

And how special that he was cheating in an Ethics class. He clearly learned nothing.

Posted by: Ethical Ether ( )
Date: September 29, 2011 07:26PM

Besides, the guy's wife prayed and got help from the Lord so that she could get an "A" so it wasn't really her work. It was the Lord's work. The busy Mormon guy just wanted to save the Lord some time. I'm sure he thanked the Lord for the inspiration when he found his wife's coursework.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.