Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: americangirl406 ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 12:23AM

He got my resignation letter. Why do I feel sad right now??? Ugh this sucks. Why is it the new bishop who I've greatly loved and respected over the years and not the jerk who was bishop a few weeks ago? He said nothing will change for how they feel about me. So far I haven't had any horror stories like some of you, but yet again it hasn't hit the rumor mill yet. He wanted to meet with me and I said no, so he said he'd send whatever he has to to salt lake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2011 12:25AM by americangirl406.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: iShy ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 12:27AM

And you have all of us here to support you and offer what we can to help. It's not easy, this process of moving on with your life...but it is so worth it!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 12:31AM

It's kind of like breaking up with someone who was nice but just not right for you.

I felt like I had clubbed a baby seal telling one guy who was just trying to do his job.

I'm glad he didn't try to jerk you around to decide if he could ex you for something.

That step is over. You've detached yourself. Your life now is an open book for you to write whatever you want. It won't be the same stuff that all the Mormons write.

Congratulations!

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:15AM

dagny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> That step is over. You've detached yourself. Your
> life now is an open book for you to write whatever
> you want.

Love that quote and so true. What a great new chance we have been given! No more predetermined map from "rock study types". I get to choose! Hurray!

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 12:39AM

it's just so tough when you know people view leaving the church as leaving goodness.

Keep reminding yourself they're still them and you're still you. Nothing important changed except now you are free. How they take that will help you to recognize how important it is to claim your own life for yourself instead of dedicating it to supporting a cult.

Best

Anagrammy

Posted by: americangirl406 ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 12:41AM

Thanks guys :)

Posted by: Just Browsing ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:35AM

I still have many good friends in LDS Church --However they belong to the "organization" that threw me out . You need to separate the emotional ties to a particular person versus the damage of an organization.

It remainds me of a company I once worked for. The boss was a complete jerk. Some of the management on my level we okay guys and girls, but the company policies and system of rewarding the favourites, **who were also the mosttotally inept**, was atrocious. (That sounds familiar in the Church. Whatever you do, don't ask questions or questions management).

So AG406 , put your feelings aside and look at the cold hard facts-Are you really glad that you are leaving the "Organization" with its policies and proceedures

JB

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:37AM

Sure you may be a little sad, for awhile. That's natural. You shut the door, finished one part of your life you wanted to change.
Now it's all about living life on your terms!

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 03:22AM

@americangirl406 - how long did take from the moment you sent that resignation email to this guy calling you? a month? a couple of months?

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 03:53AM

The bishop I resigned with was a bully. He threatened me and my children with financial ruin and failure in life, if we left. I was glad to send him a copy of my resignation letter, and to have me and my children leave while he was bishop--hoping to give him a black mark.

Four days after I mailed our resignation letter, my dear friend and next door neighbor, who had been my home teacher for years, came over to my house. I saw him approach, hrough the window, and decided to not tell him I had resigned, and to just have a friendly chat with him. I invited him in, and the first thing he said was, "I've just been made the new bishop."

My heart sank. But, I did bear my testimony to him, that I knew the church was false, and that I wanted to follow Jesus Christ, and not Joseph Smith. It was extremely hard to do!

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 03:57AM

That's not sadness you're feeling it's loss.
The Church sucks in a massive part of your life and controls it for you. When that is gone some people struggle with feeling the loss and with becoming accustomed to making their own choices and decisions.

Have fun on Sundays now and do whatever the he'll you want. (within legal constraints obviously!)

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 04:38AM

americangirl406 Wrote:
> He said nothing will change for how
> they feel about me.

Yeah, right.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

If you believe that one I have some swamp land in Florida to sell you.

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 12:27PM

baura Wrote:
> americangirl406 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > He said nothing will change for how
> > they feel about me.
>
> Yeah, right.
>
> Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
>
> If you believe that one I have some swamp land in
> Florida to sell you.

Gotta agree here. It feels sad at the time, but too often the true colors will emerge, especially when it becomes clear you are not responsive to the lovebombing.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 11:32AM

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 11:53AM

AmericanGirl,

Im one of those who never had a hassle when I resign. So, it's a spectrum of experiences. Some have awful times, others like me, dont.

Hopefully whatever pleasant friendship or association you have had in the past with this new bishop isnt marred. It can still be an authentic friendship if he respects your decision.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 12:06PM

He might be the nicest guy in the world, but unfortunately, he's representing an organization you've outgrown and find distasteful.

You're brave and bold to take this step, so chin up.

This iffy trasition time usually doesn't last long.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 12:38PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.