Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Just browsing ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 09:35PM

"The Temple Patron Assistance Fund " this is where you can pay into a fund to help those who want to go to the Temple, but are too poor to afford it

Announced in this morning's session --

What do you think??????????

JB

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 09:38PM

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 05:03PM

lol

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 06:31PM

How would anyone know if the money actually was used to allow the poor to go into the Temple? It may never go to a single person - but to the organization to pay for land and malls. And like someone said, if they could afford tithing, why not temple clothes?

Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 10:52PM

Kind of like when the Perpetual education fund came out and they proudly donated $100 a month to it... of course they also had 5 of their own kids at BYU at the same time that they weren't helping out financially at all!

I asked my mom if she thought my siblings could apply for Perpetual education fund money for college. She gave me a look that could have killed.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 02:18PM

Tauna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kind of like when the Perpetual education fund
> came out and they proudly donated $100 a month to
> it... of course they also had 5 of their own kids
> at BYU at the same time that they weren't helping
> out financially at all!
>
> I asked my mom if she thought my siblings could
> apply for Perpetual education fund money for
> college. She gave me a look that could have
> killed.

BINGO!

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 11:07PM

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 11:17PM

What is the money used for? To pay their back tithing so they are a member in good standing? They're so poor they can't afford to rent Temple clothing? They're so poor they can't afford transportation to the Temple?

This "revelation" actually makes no sense. It sounds like another way to get more $$$$$$$$$$$$ from the sheeple that won't be accounted for, and will go into the general slush fund to pay for such things as the downtown mall with "no tithing money used!"

Posted by: Flecher ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 11:22PM

Will I get a photo of my poor assisted patron in a poncho?
I want some proof that the trip actually took place.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 04:44AM

Flecher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Will I get a photo of my poor assisted patron in a
> poncho?
> I want some proof that the trip actually took
> place.

You get a photo of the poor Mormon that you are supporting together with a letter from them. It's all part of the "Save the Mormons" foundation.

Just think how happy you will be knowing that you assisted some poor morgbot to learn the proper handshakes and passwords.

You will also get monthly updates on your Mormon's Church attendance, tithing and any sins confessed to the Bishop or Branch President, as the case may be.

Date: October 02, 2011 06:33PM

BINGO....the sheeple should demand a photo of who they helped - dressed appropriately.

Posted by: AKA Alma ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 11:41PM

really?!

Why can't they just use tithing funds to help provide SAVING ordinances? I can think of no better way for the represenatives of Jesus Christ to use sacred funds than to save souls...

Oh yeah, because they need the money to fund business ventures, and they only represent themselves.

Seriously, even when you try to take their own doctrinal view they look like bastards. So glad I'm out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2011 11:43PM by strivingforbalance.

Posted by: xMo ( )
Date: October 01, 2011 11:53PM

Just think of all the poor families in Provo that don't have the bus fare for the grueling 15-minute ride to get them to the Provo, Second Provo, or Mount Timpanogos Temple!

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:07AM

I told this to dh and he mentioned the church paying for airfare to the nearest temple with this. i snickered and said, i don't think so. I think they will get enuf money to get on a rattly old bus and bounce their way thru the rainforest. A plane??? too expensive.

and the rest of the money can be used by the ga;s, like was said in earlier posts.

Posted by: anon for this ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 03:24AM

It's not a new program, it has been around for a while. GC mention may have been a reminder, but it has most definitely been around for years.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 03:43AM

Yes, I agree. It would be almost impossible to verify how that money is spent. All of TSCC's spending is kept secret, anyway. No one ever knew for sure how much money actually went to the tsunami victims. The poor temple-goers would want to save their pride, and have everything given anonymously, right?

Like the welfare program, temple-poor members would be admonished to look to their family first, for any financial support.

I don't understand why TSCC needs all these other "funds," when they already take so much in tithing. Whenever any help comes from the funds, the cult takes all the credit!!! When, in reality, it is Mormon VOLUNTEERS paying extra, and doing all the work on their own time.

Posted by: really ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 11:11AM

try to google the fund you will find it has been around for years. You are taking the use of this money out of proportion, try being realistic in your posts and you might help people learn more.

Date: October 02, 2011 06:36PM

Oh really???....then why don't YOU provide the proof of what the money really was used for.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 11:22AM

This thread reminded me that the church is "The Corporation of The..."
Therefore, if its a corporation, doesn't it have to file its financial statements - and publish them, or it is exempt because its a private corporation?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2011 11:29AM by acerbicobserver.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 12:49PM

Since the church demands that its leaders go to the temple, this puts them behind the eight ball as far as getting them there. Most Africans are impoverished, so they've had a program in place for years where they would send certain Africans to the temple for a week. The man and his wife (no kids) are to live in the hostel for a week, get their endowments and perform endowments for other dead folk, then go home. They need to provide their own passport and visa, which is half the game. But the church provides the transport and the week in the hostel. Now they're trying to weasel out of it, probably to turn their money back into profit.

Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 12:54PM

Posted by: brad ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:02PM

I find this very entertaining. People really waste their time out rebelling and fighting against good? I wish I had time to go out and fight against things that help the world become a better place. There really are people out there that have nothing better to do. These must be the same people on welfare and unemployment. Why do people care what the Mormons think? I don't care what they think, nor any other religion. But most of the religions are doing things to make this world better... are you the ones that are bringing it down and making our country a worse place or a better place?

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:07PM

I'll bet it's an interesting one.

Posted by: apatheist ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:46PM

Date: October 02, 2011 06:37PM

+1

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:55PM

Hi Brad, my only problem with the LDS church's tithing/donation system is that they will NOT release their financial statements for the good people who willingly give up 10% of their hard earned money. The LDS church is one of the most, if not the most, EXPENSIVE churches to belong to. Other churches let you anonymously donate what you feel you can give. The LDS church DEMANDS that you pay 10% to be a "good member in standing."

They not only demand 10% but they ask you to give for many other church funds. However, unlike other churches which give a detailed breakdown of how ALL church donations are being spent, the LDS church will NOT release their financial statements. Makes me a little suspicious, especially considering that they are notoriously known for being involved in FOR PROFIT business ventures and are currently building a multi billion dollar SHOPPING MALL. The LDS faithful think their hard earned donations are being spent to build churches and help the needy, but its very likely most of it is NOT.

Posted by: misfit ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 03:33PM

Brad, I agree, most of the religions in this world are doing something to make the world better. Our complaint is that the mormon religion isn't one of them. Thats why we are here. We gave 10% and more of our lives to this religion, only to watch the leaders build edifices for dead people and churn out real estate projects with our tithing dollars.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 03:59PM

If they were a real religion, their missionaries would go to Africa and teach literacy, not go to Germany and teach Lutherans how to be Mormons.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:43PM

So in addition to demanding you pay the outrageous amount of 10% of your income, they also try to get you to give up MORE money to "other" funds such as:

1) Fast Offering
2) Ward Missionary
3) Book of Mormon
4) Humanitarian Aid
5) Temple Construction
6) Perpetual Education

And NOW "Temple Patron Assistance Fund." I would think that the 10% tithing would cover these type of things. Makes you wonder what they actually spend all your money on. Of course, they can't actually tell you through with financial statements, like other churches do.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: October 02, 2011 01:46PM

Find all the things that the church usually spends tithing money on, and then set up additional funds for them. The plan being that eventually the church running costs will be met entirely from the additional funds, and tithing can then be used exclusively by LDSinc to "invest" in real estate and stock, while the 15 live off the interest!

Great idea actually.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.