Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Marcionite ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 09:31PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 09:35PM

steve jobs

He has made it possible for us to form our x mormon communities. It is here where we can learn the truth about JS.

The internet has made it possible for the oppressed to rise up and rebel against their oppressors. Egypt is a good example of this. The mormon church should be very worried. for the first time in history all of the people they are mistreating can come together and take a stand against them.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 09:59PM

Because that simply would not be true. The early Apple computers were known for not playing well with other computers.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 10:56PM

no, but he did more than his share to make technology useable for the masses. in the end his contribution is one we all benefit from

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 11:00PM

But much of what was credited to him existed elsewhere before apple came out with it.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 12:22AM

The media makes it sound like Steve designs all the products. He may have had a big influence, but Jonathan Ive is the industrial designer at Apple who has revolutionized their more recent products.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Ive
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Industrial_Design_Group

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 09:44PM

Joseph Smith dealt in secrets and lies and storytelling.

Steve Jobs made it possible for people to have access to information and truth and creativity

Joseph Smith taught - conform

Steve Jobs taught - be unique and live your own life, not someone elses.

Joseph Smith was killed by a mob of people he'd pissed off

Steve Jobs died mourned by millions who had never met him

Posted by: Jerry the Aspousetate ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 09:50PM

Pay Lay Alol

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 10:18PM

neither?

Posted by: jf ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 10:24PM

To Jerry:

There are ten kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Posted by: silverlightx ( )
Date: October 06, 2011 10:34PM

Set aside Apple for a moment. Steve Jobs made Pixar happen. PIXAR. That's like inventing ice cream.

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 03:41AM

I idolize neither man. And I can hold neither up as saviors of man.

Jobs lied to his friend and swindled him, too. He denied paternity of his own daughter, plus lied in court documents about the reasons why.

Yes, people make mistakes. No one's perfect.

I can at least look at Jobs and say that while the ends don't justify the means (for me), he produced a great deal that is good. And he was a much better father to his later children, seemingly having learned maturity and wisdom, forming a more honest and ethical character over time. As far as we know.

What we know about Joe is that right up until his death, he appears to have been still engaged in cons, deceptions and lies.

Final Score

Jobs: 1 Joe: 0

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 03:49AM

Um... neither. And I say this as a huge mac addict who cried after reading about Jobs' death.

Steve Jobs did great things for consumers. His aim was never an altruistic one or a goal for aiding mankind.

He also never donated a cent to charity. Not a cent. He also insisted that apple donate to charity only when they made a profit, but never in all the years since they became a profitable company, have they ever made a single charitable donation.

Consumers and technologists have a lot to thank Steve Jobs for, but seriously, suggesting he's done something for mankind is really a first world thing to say.

Bill Gates, on the other hand.... (and I mention him even though I hate PCs).

But seriously, Job's was a genius, and let's idolize him the the tech realm. It's pointless to compare him to the idiot joseph smith in any sense, especially contributions to mankind.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 10:49AM

Oh wait- nowadays the church says we don't believe that.
Nevermind.

Posted by: Whiskey_Tango ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 10:55AM

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 11:37AM

Steve Jobs - hell, he has a App for salvation.

Posted by: rgg ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 12:14PM

JS = Did nothing

Steve Jobs = GREAT devices that have connected us better than ever before!!! However, he certainly was a pro at outsourcing our jobs to China and then overcharging us for them. Also, not sure if any of you know this, but he never gave to charity, nor did Apple. Just Google it and you will find this to be true.

I've been working for and supporting Fortune 500 CEOs for many years now and they are NOT known to be "nice guys", sadly. Genius does not equal compassion.

Posted by: gideon ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 01:00PM

Joseph smith has done more salivation for womankind than any
profits before him,

Jobs is in a different intellectual league which con-man
Joseph smith would never ever attain in this life or in his
next fairytale wonderland celestial.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 03:54PM

http://www.theonion.com/articles/last-american-who-knew-what-the-fuck-he-was-doing,26268/

I love the Obama statement: "We haven't just lost a great innovator, leader, and businessman, we've literally lost the only person in this country who actually had his shit together and knew what the hell was going on," a statement from President Barack Obama read in part, adding that Jobs will be remembered both for the life-changing products he created and for the fact that he was able to sit down, think clearly, and execute his ideas—attributes he shared with no other U.S. citizen.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.